New Boiler Booming! | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Boiler Booming! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi browneyedgirl what does the commissioning sheet state at the inlet pressure?
In my opinion this boiler should have been made safe and the reason rectified.

At best there is a good chance to damage the boiler.

Another theory: These things did tend to happen mostly by problems inside the combustion chamber. It gives a proper bang. The plume would just be blown out pocs.

It should not happen by a weak ignition as the boiler should purge in between the ignition attempts. But never say no. Different manufacturers do implement things differently.
​oi !!!

OP. You need to call Ideal back in. We can theorise for ever on this but we cannot and will not go into specifics for your own safety.

Unfortunately situations of this nature really need eyes on.

Sorry disagree with you regarding the installer if they have done an appropriate commission regarding to boiler MI's and its working accordingly at that point in time then what more should they do? They were called back on appliance which they revisited and they issue did not arise on return visit.The manufacturer arrived under warranty and the issue arised during visit which they recognised as their manufacture problem .
This issue still persists so again its manufacture issue which goes to back to cust to organsie problem .

Another note i notice some advice given on this thread in open forum probably more suited to gsr only

The way I was taught to was to ensure the customer was comfortable to call me should they have a problem, if the problem was something they were not used to happening with their old boiler for example pluming explain it is how the new boilers work and make sure the customer is happy with the explanation.

If the problem described is something I don't witness but know enough about boilers to have an educated idea as to what may be causing it I will call in the supplier / manufacturer and be there when they arrive to ensure they check everything even what can sometimes be my off the wall theories.

Worst that can happen is I and the manufacturer learn something, best for future marketing is I have a customer who is confident when recommending me to friends and relatives because they have proof that my guarantee is more than just words.

Each to his own I suppose.

Good morning, I hope all is well and yes its me again! Well the Ideal technician came round and could not find the problem. My flue is slightly under a concrete porch and the Ideal technician said this was the cause as air was not going back into the vent properly. I told the Ideal man that I had originally had one of the long flues fitted but because the boiler started booming from the start the installer came round and fitted a smaller one but the booming still continues. The Ideal technician was convinced the concrete porch was the cause as he didn't say the flue was fitted incorrectly or it was the wrong size. So I will arrange to get a friend to cut away some of the concete porch, it wont be a problem just an added expense to hire the equipment but I do feel if I dont get this done then Ideal wont come out again as to them this was the cause but the Ideal technician could be right. Also I had never heard my boiler boom when only the water was running and the heating has not been turned on but I did hear it the other day so I need to make a note of that. One other thing (sorry babbling on!), I was telling my sister about it and she said it had happened to one of her friend's boiler and after a few text messages it turned out to be the fan, now I know one of you gentlemen (Danny) mentioned the fan so maybe this is the cause as I think my sister's friend said it hasn't happened since and it all sounds very similar but that one of you guys mentioned the fan. Its difficult when you are a customer as I dont feel I can stand next to an engineer or technician and say I have been on an internet forum and then make suggestions what could be the cause as you hope the engineer/technician knows what he is doing (though my dad of 70 would be doing exactly that!) but if I have to call Ideal out again then I think this time I will say something as its driving me mad but also it is a bit embarrassing knowing that the boiler might go off when people from outside walk past as when outside it does sounds like a gunshot (just a boom indoors although the boom can sometimes sound a bit more of a "crackling boom"). But first I feel I will have to get my porch done first as I dont think at the moment I am in a good enough position to call them out again and say can you check the fan (though I would love to do so), as in their view the problem is the concrete porch and who knows it could be exactly that. So I will get on with things, see how I get on but will let you all know as I know you are so interested!!!! tee hee.

i would be looking at ideal for a boiler swap after all this hassle and its still not fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Back