new centramag filter | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Billy Bob Bob
  • Start date
  • Replies 211
  • Views 34K

Discuss new centramag filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol pal, full demo one on counter in box, glossy A5 leaflets on counter, did not get price as in a rush picking up a fan for a Baxi Solo3 yesterday and only Mick was in, Ginger prince was out somewhere......I asked who got them stocked Mick said You so get a free one pal......

i like the flat washer on the lid, rather o ring, like the brass insert for drain valve, like it all but the valves and maybe will get grubby as others have pointed out, full pack of replacements washers in box too!

Haha, lets hope that's the case!

Fitted a couple now, and pleased with the results, will most likely be my filter of choice for the moment.

edit to add: A 28mm version would be nice as well

Last edited:
Vern if you decide to buy the centramag filter and look at the valves there is a o ring seated under the handle so to prevent any leaks and i have made sure that spare o rings are in the box but Vern if you have any issues dont hesitate in contacting me .I have given out 300 free samples and not one person has complained about the valves please do not compare my valves with magnaclean because the internal fitting of the valves are slightly different .

Right pal will take your word that the valves are different, only glanced at them TBH ......you'll be eating any valves that leak though for breakfast lol!!

Has anyone captured any non magnetic crude in the Centramag? I can see Mark has lots of magnetic sludge in his pics, only asking as not impressed with the Sentinel eliminator, indeed one nearly ( read would have had i not been in) flooded my own house when I fitted my new WB boiler at Christmas, I have found their weak spot through this!

All you need to do when servicing is to remove magnet and flush ,you never need to disassemble
That looks more sturdy than the magnaclean to be fair. Not to sure about it being in white though, it'll get filthy if you get sludge all over it when it's serviced.

All you need to do when servicing is to remove magnet and flush ,you never need to disassemble

I have to say bud, I'm very impressed and chuffed for you, that you've managed to design, manufacture and get this product to market without the help of the big boys, especially at the price point you've achieved, considering the positive feedback you've been getting, and I wish you every success with it. Hope it goes well for you.

Now send Paul an email and make sure I get my free sample! Lol

I am still not over the finishing line yet ,currently I am negotiating with a few distributors .
My aim is to have Centramag in every independent merchants,but that will take time .Also being a one man band cash flow is a sticky wicket with banks not lending

Centramag will always come with a spanner , the spanner will not be withdrawn to save costs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like others have done.

Last edited:
Just to add to this I fitted my first Centramag last week.

The customer liked the packaging.

RIMG0001 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Once opened

RIMG0002 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

You can see the bag of spare washers etc.

RIMG0003 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

I was a bit concerned about screwing the tap in until I saw the brass thread.

RIMG0004 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

The tap seems nice and robust.

RIMG0005 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Close up of the filtration system.

RIMG0006 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

blends in nicely with the white boiler !!!!!!!! and you dont have to open filter again ,just remove magnet and flush via the drain valve.Shows you've caught sludge in 24 hours ,i wonder what it would catch in a months time ?

Last edited:
blends in nicely with the white boiler !!!!!!!! and you dont have to open filter again ,just remove magnet and flush via the drain valve.Shows you've caught sludge in 24 hours ,i wonder what it would catch in a months time ?
will see the one on mine tomorrow,been in a week

looks good do you get 2 copper elbows ? my only concern is the valves look similar to the dreaded magna clean ones

I saw a similar thing in the gas safe magazine I think it was a salus defender. However this one looks a lot more durable. Ill be looking forward to seeing that at my local merchants.

I saw a similar thing in the gas safe magazine I think it was a salus defender. However this one looks a lot more durable. Ill be looking forward to seeing that at my local merchants.
salus products are gay ad are for diyers or the recycle bin this product is in a different league

The Salus does not demonstrate catching non-magnetic particles and you have to disassemble to clean the filter . Once disassembled and put back , guess what happens to the o ring in the lid!

The Salus does not demonstrate catching non-magnetic particles and you have to disassemble to clean the filter . Once disassembled and put back , guess what happens to the o ring in the lid!

You have a sprinkler indoors. I had enough of a tf1 sprinkler. I mean ill be looking forward to see your product on the shelf of my local merchant.

Would you like me to forward your details on to my local merchant ?

Yes you are right about their 5 year warranty , I give a 2 year warranty on the Centramag and a 10 year warranty on the magnet .
Did you know any magnet submerged in water loses its magnetism over time .I wonder what would happen if the magnet stopped functioning after the 5 years .
I fail to see on the salus filter how it catches non-magnetic particles.
Roger i am like you a PLUMBER , if there was a problem in 5 or 6 years time ,i would still help you with the situation .
I am a bit like BAXI sorting the problem when the warranty has finished.
Salus has 5 year warranty though looking at there web page ;)

Last edited:
No harm in trying to get it into your local .
You have a sprinkler indoors. I had enough of a tf1 sprinkler. I mean ill be looking forward to see your product on the shelf of my local merchant.

Would you like me to forward your details on to my local merchant ?

Yes you are right about their 5 year warranty , I give a 2 year warranty on the Centramag and a 10 year warranty on the magnet .
Did you know any magnet submerged in water loses its magnetism over time .I wonder what would happen if the magnet stopped functioning after the 5 years .
I fail to see on the salus filter how it catches non-magnetic particles.
Roger i am like you a PLUMBER , if there was a problem in 5 or 6 years time ,i would still help you with the situation .
I am a bit like BAXI sorting the problem when the warranty has finished.

I know only teasing, if its anything like there other products you would need the warranty, and as you say has no non magnetic filtration element to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Fit a magna clean pro on there it will protect...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
It's likely 3/4" in pipe not 22mm. You likely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah perfect. Thank you!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any recommendations on which Brita water jug...
Replies
Views
Back