New Electric heated Forced Warm Air Central Heating.... Madness? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Electric heated Forced Warm Air Central Heating.... Madness? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redbear

Hi All

I was wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree here?

I've got a new build project underway and need to consider how to heat the place. The house is in a rural location and town gas is not available and I'm not keen on bottled gas either. The main sources of fuel readily available are electric and timber from locally managed forests.

The house is made up of two areas, one single story open kitchen/diner/lounge with a two storey bedroom block adjacent at one end. The idea was to place a large 15kw wood buring stove in the lounge (oposite end to the bedrooms) and use this to heat air. In the bedroom block I would install a forced warm air system with a return vent in the high point of the lounge ceiling. The blower can then distribute warm air to the bedrooms using the central stairwell as a return plenum. I was thinking of using something like a Dimplex Electricaire R10 to have an electric heated option/top-up should I need it.

I just get the feeling that installing a forced warm air system is unlikely enough, but to heat it with electric even more unusal.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

can youpoint me in the direction of where this...
Replies
Views
I
i know that ,on his post he listed inc VAT ,my...
Replies
Views
Back