new email offering work at a price | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new email offering work at a price in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Simon F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had an email today from Jack Foster

one stop safety maintenance UK LTD

usual stuff looking for gas engineers in your area, got work waiting etc
scroll down the page to the part where is ask for money
2 levels offered, budget at £1950
next level for £2225

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get a phone call, get their details and contact and report them to Trading Standards

I just received an email from a Stan Wright:

One Stop Safety Maintenance UK require qualified gas engineers in the “CH” Postcode Area.

To whom it may concern,

I have now been speaking to Companies within the area for the past 10 days now and I have been asked to send out this Reminder to all other Companies that we have not spoken with to give you a final chance to come back to us for further information.

I have been asked by our Clients to source a Gas Maintenance Company in the “CH” Postcode area to cover a number of their domestic properties over the next 12 months.

I have attached some information on the contract that briefly outlines what our Clients and One Stop Safety Maintenance are looking for in the area and due to the timescales we have in place with our Client’s, we are asking all interested companies to contact us as soon as possible to discuss the contract and opportunities in the area in more detail.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to look over the information and if you feel your Company can fit in to what our clients require, you simply can call me on 0141 889 1124 or fill in the attached vendors form and a member of the team will contact you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Stan Wright
Contract Consultant
0141 889 1124

One Stop Safety Maintenance U.K.
Suite 109 Old Embroidery Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, Paisley, PA1 1TJ

The word document attached to the email seemed quite plausible then a google search led me to this thread :icon4::

[FONT=&amp]The CH Postal Code area contract is completely free to tender for andthere is absolutely no fee required in order to find out more information or tobe considered for the contract.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]There is however a Contractors Fee of £1913+vat thatis made payable for the contract if you were to be the selected Companyand implemented for the contract. This would be paid on commencement of thecontract. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Contractors Fee isin place as Clients no longer take any commission from ourContractors for any work that is issued out and completed throughout theduration of this contract. This is due to previous experiences whenrunning similar contracts within the UK.

Just posting to make forum members aware really.

[/FONT]

just the usual rubbish from the usual suspects from north of the border (no offence to anyone not connected to them)

I'm a newbie to the Gas Safe register, only been on it a couple of weeks (old CORGI member) so I'm presuming that's where they got my details from. I must admit I was quite tempted by the email to start with but a visit to their website left me feeling something wasn't quite right.

I got one of these type scam e mails, I could see how people with little or no work could be sucked in, especially in the summer!
when I had studied the email it was amateur, I did not even have google it why?

it was a cut and paste with the postcode altered to suit our area, the give away was it was in a different font and colour, also the blurb had been also cut and pasted at the bottom from another site, they certainly don't have work of this kind in our postcode or many others as they have posted!

I'm a newbie to the Gas Safe register, only been on it a couple of weeks (old CORGI member) so I'm presuming that's where they got my details from. I must admit I was quite tempted by the email to start with but a visit to their website left me feeling something wasn't quite right.

Within two hours of being on the register, I had my first spam phone call.

I've been running along with these people, and even had a long chat with them this week, here is where we're at with it.. They have sent this email so I can speak to this chap who they claim already has one of these contracts they're offering!

Good Morning Paul, (me)

I have been asked to provide you a company out there working on a contract, Please find below information on a company out there doing work for us on a contract, Please feel free to speak to them.

Lee Kelsall L K Building Services 07514297606 Manchester Contract
Gas Safe Number- 524529

If you could speak with the reference and if you have any questions you need answer just call me on my direct line of 0141 889 9323.

Kind Regards

Kenny Harkins
Process Manager
One Stop Safety Maintenance UK
Suite 109 Old Embroidery Mill, Abbey Mill Business Centre, Paisley, PA1 1TJ
TEL – 01418899323

And then this one right after..

Thank you for your time earlier to discuss the Contract we have in your area. There has been a copy of the Contract sent down via a system called Echo Sign. You will also find attached a copy of the Contract for you to print off and review.Please feel free to visit our website - www.onestopsafetymaintenanceuk.comWe are looking to make this decision on Monday 5th November 2012, so I would ask that you give yourself the chance to read through and get back to me with any questions as soon as possible. If the Contract is something you are looking to be considered for and be added to the shortlist, It is important that you do let us know at the earliest opportunity. If you wish to be considered for the Contract, please send in an email for my attention stating your intentions, or alternatively you can sign the Contract and our Contracts Dept will pick this up accordingly. Please contact me if there is further information you require. RegardsTony PhillipsContract Manager
One Stop Safety Maintenance UK
Tel- 0141 889 9323tony@onestopsafetymaintenanceuk.com

I have now been given a contract to read and agree too if I choose, this I have now had a look at in some detail and in all fairness looks pretty good with a number of safe guards in place to make you feel secure....
Saying this I can see why some will jump in and fork out the 2k+...

Thing is what tends to happen is after they have gotten enough 'suckers' payed up and the heat is coming on, they just fold the Company, the money all shifted away and the 'rock solid safe guarded contract' is now worth feck all.......

Just had this email for the pr postcode by a chris Jordan passed me through to a kenny harkin wanted me to do conference call in morning and have contractors fee available to them within 24 hours when I called the office it went through to an Ian who was shopping with his wife so much for a 24 hour company it's a great big scam please don't fall for it

I too have been approached by ONE STOP SAFETY MAINTENANCE UK. On the face of it their offer looks great, just what small businesses want & need. I can even get my head around why their looking to take a contractor retainer payment. But before I parted with my money I thought that I would use a little due diligence and research them. I firstly found this thread, not a good start. I dug in a little deeper and checked company house records, which clearly states that they are close to been struck off by what I surmise is over due account filing, not the sign of a successful organized company. I secondly ran a company credit check and found them to be a 9 which in layman's terms means don’t give credit without directors guarantee. Add these all together and I’m afraid that there is too much bad press to go forward.
Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 18.55.51.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 18.54.18.jpg

They have also contacted me more than once (about 6-7 months apart) offering me a contract for the same area RM post code.
First price was £3010 for a 12 month contract 2nd price was £2700 for 12 months. Both offered via email.
Then last week they phoned saying 'thank you for tendering for the contract, please make payment ASAP)
When I said what contract the girl said she had a signed proof that I wanted the work & just need to make payment.
I will not repeat what I said, some people may be offended hahaha.
I'v been stung a couple of times with advertising costing me around £700, so now I'm a bit more on the ball.
Would be nice if we had somewhere we could 'NAME & SHAME' these people for EVERYONE to see...

ive not had this but i have had a call from company that produce a news letter that advises police officers on gas safety. and that i had been recomended to them as someone that carrys out good quality work and theyd like to place me in thier magazine for a fee.

so i politely informed him that they pulled this scam on my buddy the previous year. and they really are stupid if they think we dont all talk and pass the message along when we can. also i know a few police officers that have never heard of this magazine/news letter. And since he was calling me from an office supposedly in manchester just how exactly was it that id been reccomended to him personally with such a great reputation.

so theres another one for everyone to be aware of.

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, so go easy on me.

I wish I had checked this form first.
I have e- signed the contract with one stop safety mamtenence today before doing a bit of investigation. ( wrong way round I know)
I have been in talks with a new engineer that I would have been taking on to cover the so called 480 properties in the LS area.
has anyone any advise what to do next as I haven't paid anything yet and the engineer has a current job. Do I just say I'm not interested anymore?
Thanks in advance

Similar plumbing topics

Contact the op if you can help
Replies
Views
Had this a couple of months ago. I send my...
Replies
Views
got this email today, slightly different...
Replies
Views
R
Fair enough, I've never heard of the company...
Replies
Views
Resolute
R
Got any work SGI? Very quiet for me. Where...
Replies
Views
Back