new email offering work at a price | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new email offering work at a price in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, so go easy on me.

I wish I had checked this form first.
I have e- signed the contract with one stop safety mamtenence today before doing a bit of investigation. ( wrong way round I know)
I have been in talks with a new engineer that I would have been taking on to cover the so called 480 properties in the LS area.
has anyone any advise what to do next as I haven't paid anything yet and the engineer has a current job. Do I just say I'm not interested anymore?
Thanks in advance

Tell them you want to pay cash and you'll meet them in a lay by one night, they'll never contact you again. Good luck

I have even had the cheeky bleeders call me saying - 'We just clicked your google ad' - at £2 a pop!!!!!!

I had to put an end to adword as the costs went right up at one point likely from these guys researching no doubt . . .

I have even had the cheeky bleeders call me saying - 'We just clicked your google ad' - at £2 a pop!!!!!!

I had to put an end to adword as the costs went right up at one point likely from these guys researching no doubt . . .
Jesus, is that how much it costs? I've got $150 worth of free google ads, might give them a miss in case I forget about them and go over the 'free' limit. I thought they were about 2p a click.

Jesus, is that how much it costs? I've got $150 worth of free google ads, might give them a miss in case I forget about them and go over the 'free' limit. I thought they were about 2p a click.
u can set your price, but £2 is the average to be on the top

advice to everyone, if anybody calls or emails you wanting money, tell them you will pay from the first jobs you get, tell them that you are very interested and this is something you would like to implement in a big way, ask if they could meet u at the cafe in the police station and if they would be willing to take the full payment from the first few jobs you get.
98% of these callers will hang up by now, 1% will tell you that you aint taking them seriously and hang up.
And 1% will actually meet up and give you some bull about adding extras in i.e. There may be some real bargains out there, but I havent come across any so far.

They are supposed to comply with the Distance Selling Regulations and you can bet your bum that there's something that doesn't, and you're entitled to seven days to cancel anyway under the DSR's

adwords was great in the begining when i was getting clicks under 50p but the damn thing has gone right up!

Don't think I'll bother with them, my work is very local anyway so if it comes to the point where I need a few ads I'll just canvass an area or two with leaflets.

ive not had this but i have had a call from company that produce a news letter that advises police officers on gas safety. and that i had been recomended to them as someone that carrys out good quality work and theyd like to place me in thier magazine for a fee.

so i politely informed him that they pulled this scam on my buddy the previous year. and they really are stupid if they think we dont all talk and pass the message along when we can. also i know a few police officers that have never heard of this magazine/news letter. And since he was calling me from an office supposedly in manchester just how exactly was it that id been reccomended to him personally with such a great reputation.

so theres another one for everyone to be aware of.

I've had this one within hours of being gsr ... Friend of mine unfortunately learned the hard way

theyre no better than some nigerian telling you they want to use your bank account as there friends wife needs to get funds out of her swiss bank account.
I took my phone number off the Gas Safe register site they got that annoying.

Hi My stepson has just been turned over by this mob! I am willing to bet that there are a number of goodhearted people that have been sucked in by these parasits. If you would be willing to contact me and swear affidavids I'm sure something could be done legally to get them banged up even if you don't get your money back. However under the proceeds of crime act I'm sure something could be clawed back and after all this is fraud is it not?

Hi all,heres a sad tale,started with a 'company' called onestopsafety etc etc,what i call them i carnt print.Just wish id found this forum 4mths ago (just joined),thought id done my homework,obviously not enough,parted with just under 2k.
If anyone is any doubt,i 'won' a contract 4mths back and ive received NOTHING!!!!,dont want to say too much except wheels are in motion.THEY ARE COMPLETE PARASITES,o well lesson learnt the hard way,moreover,very embarrassing to admit ive been taken.Anyone thinking about it, dont,if youve paid nothing tell them to get stuffed or advise them to take you to trading standards.......youll not hear from them again.
All the best to all

Hi all,heres a sad tale,started with a 'company' called onestopsafety etc etc,what i call them i carnt print.Just wish id found this forum 4mths ago (just joined),thought id done my homework,obviously not enough,parted with just under 2k.
If anyone is any doubt,i 'won' a contract 4mths back and ive received NOTHING!!!!,dont want to say too much except wheels are in motion.THEY ARE COMPLETE PARASITES,o well lesson learnt the hard way,moreover,very embarrassing to admit ive been taken.Anyone thinking about it, dont,if youve paid nothing tell them to get stuffed or advise them to take you to trading standards.......youll not hear from them again.
All the best to all

Sorry to hear that, I always thought I was sharp as a razor, got fiddled advertising in two supermarkets, cost me a grand...

i have been having dealings with tis company over the last week. it sounded good. i got though to the last 3 companies. i had a conference call with them today. it just didnt add up. i had got as much infomation about the company via companys house and credit checking web site.
once I asked about the company they very quicky said i had been removed from the list.
What I also found is that they have a county court jugment agains them fo over 2000k form northampton council. I have had the contract checked out by a friend who deals with setting large contracts up for a mult na

multi national. he said the contract states if they dont give you aby work for 2 months or so the contact is void and keep the money. I could be wrong about one stop but im not going to spend 2k to find out. t

Just had an email concerning the ME postcode and 500 properties. Want me to pay a £2000 + vat fee for the contract. Glad I read this forum.

I've just been e- mailed by them today, I was so excited by their generous offer, I replied straight away......

You're the second bunch of scamming ***** to contact me today.

Are you anything to do with "Corgi Admin" they are another bunch of porridge wogs.... has Liverpool become too hot for you *****?

Do you realise that with just one match and a mugful of petrol you can set your head on fire?

Yours etc. etc.

I've just been e- mailed by them today, I was so excited by their generous offer, I replied straight away......

You're the second bunch of scamming ***** to contact me today.

Are you anything to do with "Corgi Admin" they are another bunch of porridge wogs.... has Liverpool become too hot for you *****?

Do you realise that with just one match and a mugful of petrol you can set your head on fire?

Yours etc. etc.

I suggest you take care with such replies, many professional fraudsters are well up on the law and you could find yourself being visited by the Police for making or implying threats of physical violence.

We know what many who have paid up would like to do or see done to them, appears they are very good at using the law to protect themselves or it would have been done long ago,
last thing any of us want to see is a tradesman being charged with a criminal offence for a quick reply to an email.

Just my opinion.

The only time I'd consider an offer like this is if their main office was in my own city and one which I could visit to talk things over on a one-to-one basis in person. Otherwise just tell them where to go.

Similar plumbing topics

Contact the op if you can help
Replies
Views
Had this a couple of months ago. I send my...
Replies
Views
got this email today, slightly different...
Replies
Views
R
Fair enough, I've never heard of the company...
Replies
Views
Resolute
R
Got any work SGI? Very quiet for me. Where...
Replies
Views
Back