Noisy condensate pump | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy condensate pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karen999

Hi,

We had a new combi boiler installed on Friday, with a condensate pump. Really happy with the boiler but the condensate pump is very noisy. I expected some humming/whining, but this is really loud, like a deep buzz with a gurgle at the end. It's woken the kids a couple of times and makes me jump if it goes off while I'm upstairs. Going to ring the plumber in the morning about it, but just want to know what's a reasonable noise to expect, what could be causing it to be so loud etc before I talk to him.

Any advice would be great...

Thanks

Condensate pumps tend to be quite noisy. Has you plumber secured the pump properly to reduce vibration? If they have maybe position it onto a foam platform and re secure. Is the condense pipework secure and clipped and lagged where possible?

Maybe a restriction in pipework causing excessive resistance at pump,get installer back,sure that will sort out

Last edited by a moderator:
They are noisy, even though it only runs for a few seconds.
TBH i wouldn't have one in my house but sometimes there is no other option.

Thanks. It's not really that secure to be honest, just 2 screws straight into plasterboard wall of the airing cupboard and it's a bit wobbly. I'll mention him putting something between it and the wall, see what he says.

I really hope something can be done. I asked beforehand if it would be noisy and he said no, not really. Can't live with it like it is though.

Thanks again

If it's straight onto a plasterboard wall the noise will be greatly amplified, as the plasterboard will act just like a drum. The pump really needs mounting onto something more solid with, perhaps, some form of foam/rubber damping under the screws (as nysk2008 suggested).

General question (to others as well) ... can these be boxed in with some insulation material or do they require ventilation?

i'm pretty sure these can be contained in a insulated box but to be honest (due to heat of pump etc) not something i would do, may be wrong though.

Firebird boilers do their own condensate pump kit which can be fitted to any boiler it is really quiet and you would struggle to hear it. It is also very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It’s been outside a few days now but I’m sure...
2 3
Replies
Views
Take your pick, outlet(s) restricted, nrv(s)...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi and thanks for your response. The incoming...
Replies
Views
Back