Not all Rads getting hot | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many things to check, do they get warm upstairs and not downstairs? Is it that there are some up and some down?? I'd be looking at the pump, whether the by-pass is set correctly or if there's any blockages

heat exchanger or coil has been mentioned to me.Is this a clean or change? and how do I check if it is this.The central heating pump is getting very hot and getting F22 fault code Glow worm Flexicom hx 24 kw

Last edited by a moderator:
if it didnt work before it sounds like you have a problem in the basic design of your system you need two motorised valves and probably a balancing valve on the cylinder get the controls sorted then you can repipe properly sorry failure to read complete thread controls look fine now

Last edited:
call e plumber as mention above you have been given a number to a good plumber ! call him and hi will sort it out for you ! do not leave it till next day summer is nearly over

The plumber who piped the Y plan is going to disconnect the cylinder and put a hose through it and also cut flow and return and put water through boiler to see if either is blocked

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

its so so common

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

any thoughts on this?

I cant believe this has not been sorted yet either

I agree that it is not good practice to combine a single pipe system with a two pipe system even so you still expect some sort circulation. The fact that your boiler is getting up to 95 degrees is not good for the boiler so I would suggest that you should turn it down so it reaches a maximum temp of 60 degrees the fault is not on the boiler its on the system.

My suggestion for discovering what the fault is with the system is to purchase a lazer thermometer and follow the route of all the pipwork the best you can to find where the system stops circulating, so far you have spent a lot of time and money altering pipework and getting nowhere. I feel its time to go back to basics

mate winter is knocking on everyone's front door ! get it sort it before x mas at least ,there is gys from here who will come and will sort it out with no time

Yes this is aworry if it's anything like last year.The plumber who has been working on it is gas safe but even he is scratching his head.:confused5:

Can anyone recommend a good Lazer thermometer.Do they have a range of eg a meter incase I cant get close to the pipes.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/thermometers/REGTN2"]REGTN2 - Infra Red Thermometer | Regin[/DLMURL]

The plumber plans to take all rads off and flush through with hose.He also thinks the TRV's might be clogged up.If they are can they be serviced or are they scrap? they are Drayton TRV4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back