Not capping an ID'd boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not capping an ID'd boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In as much as Emi is trying to help the OP, my gut feeling tells me he aint comming back? I hope he takes all this with a pinch of salt. I still see no need for RIDDOR. The boiler is being replaced by a company he works for, so what is the problem????

The point of rIddor would be to eliminate idiots and 96% of helplink staff and 64% of BG staff

Storm in tea cup all gone now. Bit of salt in your coca cola . All fizzes up in a nano second then flat as a witches tit

Storm in a tea cup...all gone now...ive just woken up

If some one tried to riddor me for that and I suffered and detriment they would be getting their knees knobbled Cos my emmisarys would be out with suitable advice

Last edited by a moderator:
406f237cfd85f545b4c68f066e077e02.jpg
66bd64c8ac5f8e88eed1dc94c805bf93.jpg

is this the current updated one?;)

Im curious too. Have the mag but using it as a bed for my rabbit.
Latest tboo1 does state physical disconnect still

So the chap who ID'd the boiler failed to disconnect or cap it! OK. His boss attended & quoted for a replacement Boiler. The OP then attended to determine how his replacement boiler will be fitted/installed.
My question then is: Did the OP or his boss disconnect or cap the boiler/gas, disconnected electrical supply to boiler etc, etc, when they attended? NO. So who was the last one in? And as far as responsibility goes, the last one in 'has a duty of care' to be able to determine that there is danger to live and so disconnect or/and cap.
What would have happened if someone operated the boiler and got injured or killed an hour after him and his boss attended?
THEY AS JUST AS GUILTY AS THE CHAP who ID'd the boiler.

Blimey this all kicked off abit didn't it. This is what happens when men are forced to watch Xfactor and strictly come dancin!

Oh and Gasman I've picked up your dummy, you spat it all the way over here!:21:

Didn't think i would get this much response to a forum i've never used before, should of replied to a few messages sooner but anyway. Probably won't be Riddoring but quite shocked to see how many people seem to think i'm over reacting. In my opinion if someone is gas safe register they should do there job correctly and not cut corners, who was to say that that isolation point hadn't failed and would allow gas through to a ID'd boiler. Just because it didn't kill anyone doesn't mean that it's acceptable in my opinion... Sorry for taking this serious...

It's a bit of an emotional one Ben.

Say the shoe was on the other foot and you'd left a boiler like that. Would you prefer a phone call from the guy on site asking why you'd left it and a gentle reminder not to do it again, or would you prefer gas safe knocking on your door?

I know which I'd prefer.

Yeah i understand where you're coming from i was curious as the best thing to do but bit shocked to see the amount of people thinking i'm being overkill here. I take my job seriously and follow the rules.

Please lock this thread lol.

As if lifes not hard enough without wippa snappers climbing on their high horses and yeilding power to make themselves seem significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back