Pipes attached to rafters | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipes attached to rafters in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

C

CluelessPunter

We're having the loft converted at the front of our house, and the plumber has routed the new water and central heating pipes via the rafters in the back loft (which isn't being converted). He's wrapped some insulation (looks like TopSleeve) round them and assures me it'll be fine. I'm worried the pipes will freeze in winter. Should I ask him to re-route the pipes to underneath the loft insulation? Or am I worrying unnecessarily? I live in London.

Best to insulate them I’m guessing there too close so might be worth building an insulated boxing

They’re separately insulated with foam (not TopSleeve as I mentioned before - that’s somewhere else). So nothing to worry about, then?

Attachments

• EEEBD146-E690-413C-B6EF-D0112F5CA261.jpeg
    EEEBD146-E690-413C-B6EF-D0112F5CA261.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 33
I would want thicker insulation on them tbh 25mm should be fine

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Understood, many thanks for the help folks!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why don't you find out when the system was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
Back