Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi on some new new build houses I plan to first fix the up stairs radiators in 15mm copper coming up though the floor at the pipe centers for the radiator. i,e rad. length add 45mm per side and the correct distance from the finish wall. However I am debating how to feed the downstairs radiators, this pipe work is usual feed behind the dot and dab plaster. What do people find is the best way of doing this. Thanks for any advice.

Not a good idea to fit a plastic elbow or any plastic fitting in the dab void, if the plasterer incases the fitting and pipe next to it in board adhesive it's grab ring can be stopped from biting down on the pipe correctly. Seen it on a job the other week, 5 grands worth of damage to a new property.

You also need to be able to detect the pipe with a wall scanner, you can use trace tape of course but it's just as cheap and safer to drop in copper inline with the valve or in the middle of the rad, either of these positions is easy for the owner to remember the position of the pipe work.

The way I've done it is tee off the 15mm at the wall and run up behind the dot dab in 10mm and elbow out with 10mm, 90 degree copper tails into the rad. IMO upstairs should look like downstairs.
Make sure you check the fittings before you put the copper tails in as they can get caked in dab mix. I think when it's done like this it looks neat and tidy

So I am struggling to find a viable option for feeding the downstairs radiators in 15mm?

no easy do it right the first time and chase them in prob take 2-3 hours to chase all of down stairs rads in with multiple drops

How would you recommend bringing the pipes out for the rad then if using this method and using plastic

in coated copper and you know you centers of valves bring them out about 2 - 3 inches below and once dry lined and plastered soldered elbow and short piece done

whats your trade james ?

Pegler Push-fit Elbow 10mm | Chrome Compression | NoLinkingToThis

get your pipes level and fit these.

Not much room for error fitting these if your pipe is coming straight from the wall... I always think new builds look smart when they bring the plastic out behind the Center of the rad & then flex into the valve with one of these fittings!

if you know your valve dimensions it should be easy and there will be alittle movement unless the plasterer dabs the end.

the new build way does look good, just have to take into account that it can be dangerous on very small rads as kids can knock the rads off the brackets very easy.

22mm copper primarys to 2 zone valves then manifolds. x2 return manifolds 10mm plastic pairs to each rad with foil insulation tape behind drops and pipes centers of rads 100mm above base of rad. V plates after drylining pushfit chrome m&f elbows into valves.

Thanks for the advice may drop in 10mm plastic and use a back box. Is it then usual to use back boxes for the upstairs radiators?

back box wtf do it right
172986_wpdp.jpg

and you can do upstairs the same or have them coming straight up into the valve (copper)

James1 I don't mean to be rude but how do you not know this stuff? If you are a plumber

he still hasn't answered my q about what trade hes in :D

thanks so drop the pipes down the wall at the centre of the rad. Then use radiator valves like the ones in the link above. Plan on using polyplumb pipe

pick a better pipe :D and answerer my q else no more help handyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
ah ok. Yes they are chasing in at the moment...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
  • Question
TRVs are all open as tops removed and pins up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Cut exposed pipe at low level and add a...
Replies
Views
Back