Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipework for downstairs radiators on new builds in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi on some new new build houses I plan to first fix the up stairs radiators in 15mm copper coming up though the floor at the pipe centers for the radiator. i,e rad. length add 45mm per side and the correct distance from the finish wall. However I am debating how to feed the downstairs radiators, this pipe work is usual feed behind the dot and dab plaster. What do people find is the best way of doing this. Thanks for any advice.

Haven't done much domestic new builds. Mainly been working on commercial new builds which have all been 15mm to each radiator.

gas safe then?

no hourly rate, have worked for the firm awhile, just this will be the first time doing domestic new builds for them.

so why not fit in 15mm like you normally do and get the lab to chase the walls :)

Could be an option, am unlikely to have a lab. though.

if you dont ask you dont get if not you know how to do it with triangles

Yes thanks for the advice. Do the rad valves above work with polyplumb pipe and liners, or do you need a liner specific to the valve?

no if 10mm valve (not the reducer type) they should but never used poly as most of the time im ripping the stuff out but as with any plastic pipe use an insert/liner

Pegler Push-fit Elbow 10mm | Chrome Compression | NoLinkingToThis Surely these can be used with poly pipe?

i wouldnt mix and match on plastic

No i don't like doing are these for speedfit or a different plastic pipe then? Can imagine they will do one specially for plastic?

i cant say sorry (havent used them)

but you can get rad valves in push fit tho

RAS-C2%20with%20Push-fit%20elbow_wpdp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
ah ok. Yes they are chasing in at the moment...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
  • Question
TRVs are all open as tops removed and pins up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We're in the process of a kitchen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Cut exposed pipe at low level and add a...
Replies
Views
Back