Plumbing maintenance work only | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing maintenance work only in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Who here makes a living carrying out maintenance work only?

i know when money has to be made most of us would be prepared to do pretty much anything but who gets by replacing siphons, stopcocks etc?

hard to do I imagine but I know some guys who hate any type of install work.

Agree that I dont think most people can survive on maintenance for the domestic customer only as generally a lot of my maintenance is either for the older end or after have a go heroes, but good for filling part of the odd day in. Maintenance for most other commercial housing etc generally on fixed price ( generally poor as well )

So for those guys who don't do any gas work, do you have to rely on bathroom and kitchen fitting? Or where do you earn your money?

I can tick by nicely on maintenance but it's hard to get enough of them in a week to make decent money.
If I can get a decent bathroom in every 2-3 weeks I'm happy doing half days on maintenance the rest of the time.
Don't know what the going rate is round the country but here it's about £60 to change a syphon or fill valve, so you could make a grand a week (before business/running costs) doing 4 syphons a day. The trick is finding a way to get 4 syphon jobs a day for 5 days a week, I still haven't perfected that trick...

When I first set up on my own few years ago I managed to live off maintenance only. Only things I installed were taps/showers etc wasn't making a killing but for someone just starting out £500 roughly per week was ok

Yeah you can easily.

It's installing a boiler in a day that I can't do lol.

what full burner out and clean, new inhb and all the normal stuff

Inhb?

If the burner needs to come out not a problem, 3/4 hr most boilers. So as long as not too much driving I between easy.

inhibitor

and hows 3/4 hours on one boiler do 5 in half a day ?

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Back