Plumbing Vacancy | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing Vacancy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only let down i ever had was the young lad who ended up in jail for dealing drugs. He just wouldn't listen and threw his life away. Sometimes i take things too personally.

You've made your mind up from experience and what I say won't change your mind but I work the same regardless of what I'm paid . I have one standard and I work to that. I hate people that that want stuff doing on the cheap.

Yeah me to if I do my own work and get £250-£300 p/day or help a mate plumber for £200 p/day TOO TRUE , but going down from this to a
£8 p/h and not been able to feed your family ????

I visited my cousins who live in Lincoln we had a walk around town yesterday and I must say what a beautiful city :)
One of my cousins is married to a english man and she is full time mum and only work weekends for £6.31 p/h stacking shelves at Primark, but this is a low skill job .Speaking to them she mentioned it was quiet normal in Lincoln to be on the national minimum wages , living cost is not as expensive and there was a huge amount of the population getting help from the GOVERNMENT .

I wish Kieran a good luck with it and I hope he find the right person for his business ....

I subby for two engineers who trained me and also do my own bits and pieces.
one guy trained the other aswell so they share their stock
95% heating work.

due to myself having a fair size lock up thats secure i store most of the fittings, spares, pipe and all the consumables that the three of us use.

imagine letting an apprentice have access to that!!
and yes I've taken out of it, i do most weeks and whatever i please.

but the list on the wall beside the door has everything I've taken and need to replace.
with the bits dashed off that I've returned.

I'm not on good wages by any stretch but i couldn't line my pockets by using other peoples materials.
where is the respect and honesty when you do that?

I subby for two engineers who trained me and also do my own bits and pieces.
one guy trained the other aswell so they share their stock
95% heating work.

due to myself having a fair size lock up thats secure i store most of the fittings, spares, pipe and all the consumables that the three of us use.

imagine letting an apprentice have access to that!!
and yes I've taken out of it, i do most weeks and whatever i please.

but the list on the wall beside the door has everything I've taken and need to replace.
with the bits dashed off that I've returned.

I'm not on good wages by any stretch but i couldn't line my pockets by using other peoples materials.
where is the respect and honesty when you do that?

That is good what you do ,but this is NO way any similar situation to be a Plumber and been employed and been paid for the professional service you will be delivering for the behalf of the company you are working for .

Don't know what's happened to my part of the forum but the edit and like buttons have disappeareddisappeared
As LP said no edit in the arms and as for the like button disappearing I've found that sometimes when you reply to a thread and then scroll up to like one of the other posts it disappears, but if you come out of the thread and go back in then the like button reappears.

Apprentices should be let loose in stockroom. Count every fitting and schedule it out, then unpack and check those ( 2000) fittings in to stock. Ha ha ha

I agree with tamz, every1 ive worked with and know (over 40 lads) take fittings/stock from their employer.
It all does come down to
1. How good your treat
2. When you start to realise your employer is making alot of money off you and your not getting anything.
3. Money again!

Majority of employers ive worked for have been extremely greedy and havnt treat their staff right. Why should someone reep so much rewards off your hard work and you dont see any of them yourself?!!

Comes in my experience. Been running a guys business for over a year. Handed my notice in, hes now getting 2 lads to replace me and pay out over 4 times i was getting paid a hour. Also he got £1500 of scrap each month/2 month and all i got was a manky £20 xmas bonus....another rant. Finished work at 4, he called me for a hand, i said i cant i need to be back home as ive got alot to do, i went to him cos i felt sorry. Got there and he said "i still OWN you for another minute"... Lol

Never lifted one fitting . One lad used 2 lengths if each on combi swaps........ Still got his job tho !

i wont employ subbies again was nothing but a headache for me ,
all wanted more money had call backs on their work and they nicked gear

these were guys i had known as well

suddenly they went from being competant plumbs with their own works to over night idiots when i started paying them

Cos you never new what there work expirience was ! If you ONLY new how good they were you would have not sub even your worst jobs out !
But then you could always have me as a sub contractor available on your list :)

Cos you never new what there work expirience was ! If you ONLY new how good they were you would have not sub even your worst jobs out !
But then you could always have me as a sub contractor available on your list :)

Course i knew what their work experience was worked with them on large commercial builds off and on for years , they just took the michael would never employ a subbie again unless i was their monitoring themand then they aint worth more than £100 a day

Course i knew what their work experience was worked with them on large commercial builds off and on for years , they just took the michael would never employ a subbie again unless i was their monitoring themand then they aint worth more than £100 a day

so that will be £8 p/h then :) lol

Guys just to be clear on our private forum, I do look after my staff. My apprentice gets more than apprentice rates. As he's a proper asset to our business and works hard he will get a decent christmas bonus this december despite only being with us for 2 months by then. Again, a good plumber will quickly get rewarded financially above £8 per hour. I prefer to build in a profit share element to staft wages as pay alone is a very poor motivator in my experience. A high hourly rate is not necessarily an indication you will get a good staff member, only a guarantee that they are motivated by money! I'm no scrooge but I don't want to be stuck with someone who is rubbish and costing me top money to employ..

Good luck and I hope you get a hard working, loyal employee who is grateful for the rate you propose. I would'nt hold your breath though as I think Tesco pay more at present.

Guys just to be clear on our private forum, I do look after my staff. My apprentice gets more than apprentice rates. As he's a proper asset to our business and works hard he will get a decent christmas bonus this december despite only being with us for 2 months by then. Again, a good plumber will quickly get rewarded financially above £8 per hour. I prefer to build in a profit share element to staft wages as pay alone is a very poor motivator in my experience. A high hourly rate is not necessarily an indication you will get a good staff member, only a guarantee that they are motivated by money! I'm no scrooge but I don't want to be stuck with someone who is rubbish and costing me top money to employ..

Saw a job advertised . They were shocked when I said what I wanted , add said dependent on experience and my experience is I value my time very highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
Back