Pressure Test | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pressure Test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
WATER REGULATIONS

G12.1 The whole installation should be tested hydraulically on completion by subjecting all supply and distributing pipes, fittings and connections to appliances, to an internal test pressure of 1.5 times the maximum operating pressure for the installation or the relevant part..

G12.2 For systems that do not include any plastics pipes (that is, rigid pipe materials such as copper, stainless steel, etc), the requirement shall be deemed to be satisfied if:

a. the whole of the system is subjected internally to the test pressure by pumping, after which the test continues without further pumping;

b.

the pressure in the system does not drop below the test pressure over the next one hour period and there is no visible leakage in accordance with Clause 3.1.12.3.3 of BS 6700.

G12.3 For systems that include any plastics pipes, the requirement shall be deemed to be satisfied if, either:

Test A

a. the whole of the system is subjected internally to the test pressure which is maintained by pumping for 30 minutes, after which the test continues without further pumping; and
b. the pressure in the system is care fully reduced to one third of the test pressure; and

c. the pressure does not drop over the following 90 minutes and there is no visible leakage;

or in accordance with Clause 3.1.12.3.4 (Test procedure A) of BS 6700, or

Test B

a. the whole of the system is subjected internally to the test pressure and is maintained by pumping for 30 minutes, after which the pressure is noted and the test is continued without further pumping; and

b.
the pressure drop is less than 0.6 bar after a further 30 minutes; and

c.

the pressure drop is less than 0. 2 bar after the next 120 minutes and there is no visible leakage,or in accordance with Clause 3.1.12.3.4 (Test procedure B) of BS 6700.
The bit highlighted in red is the difference. This thread was about a pneumatic test a totally different ball game.

Vern the bit i pasted in earlier was from IGE/UP1. It is perfectly ok to do a pneumatic test but just be sensible and aware of the risks.

Due to the nature of my business we complete a lot of pressure testing. Where possible we generally use a water pump. We would occasionally use air but for different reasons. The problem with pressure testing using air you can compress a lot of it where water being pretty solid will show loss quickly. We have seen occasion where air was used and showed nothing and a swap across to water showed the fault quickly. We seen a guy at a site completing an air test on a system which contained water for why i don't know but it was the longest range water pistol i ever seen in use when the stop end let go.

Vern the bit i pasted in earlier was from IGE/UP1. It is perfectly ok to do a pneumatic test but just be sensible and aware of the risks.
Tamz that's my point, that's how the standards and IGE spec it, most extensions or new pipe circa x 2.5 normally OP pressure or fault pressure which ever is the greater, be it tested with air or nitrogen........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
LPG lock up pressure can be regarded as the...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back