Pump hoses can be bent? | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pump hoses can be bent? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I just had a shower pump installed, but the manufactory Salamander Pumps Technical Advisor said :"The silver anti vibration hoses are bent 90 degrees. These are to be straight as per manufactory installation guide. For this reason, as how it has been installed it will not validate the warranty."

I checked with the installer who said: the hoses are flexible, it can be bent, it's no problem.

I don't know which one is correct, please would you check the photos of the pump and confirm if it is OK?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• pump1.jpeg
    pump1.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 86
  • pump2.jpeg
    pump2.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 72
  • pump3.jpeg
    pump3.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 79
You have just been unlucky checkatrade may well have trustworthy skilled installers but your in particular case the guy is far from competent , it's not unusual to get issues when converting old heating systems after all the new boiler and system pipework will often be put under more pressure and quicker heat up times , A boiler replacement and a system upgrade is often completed in one day in my book that is rushed I can still do it if it's a combi swap but it's a long day to do it properly , cleaning a system can take a day to complete in itself I prefer 2- 3 days and will always try to organise my work load to not conflict with a install. Kop

On Checktrade.
I did check his review, looks good. And he is on the Worcester Bosch website as accredited installer for Worcester Bosch!
But later I found he is not knowledgable and experienced at all, I can easily give 10 solid examples! He used a guy did the installation, he did not do anything. But that guy left him.
For the boiler and unvented cylinder he installed, the Gas Safety Register came and checked, they found 7 big defects and produced a report requesting him to rectify them!

So having checked his review on Checktrade, and found his name on Worcester Bosch, BUT, all these actually mean nothing, as the review can be fake, Worcester Bosch did not take people strictly as long as you register and showed them some course certificate? But they do not physically check their ability or knowledge.

I thought how could I have avoided him but seems not possible at the time, as he is not expensive as well---maybe this is a reason he knows his ability is not good?

You're sorted then, just been on the tv advert, they gaurantee all their members work for a year.

I trust you left an appropriate review?

You're sorted then, just been on the tv advert, they gaurantee all their members work for a year.

I trust you left an appropriate review?
Agree. As I think I said, my customer had Worcester-Bosch out to replace the heat exchanger on the boiler for free. And they did it even though the cause was dirty system water due to the installer's slapdash work. All they said to the customer was that they advised a filter be fitted. Must have cost W-B a few quid...

I just saw the advert mate. It states checkatrade guarantee their work for a year, not guaranteed work for a year.
Aye, gaurantee any work performed by a member for a year.

Checkatrade cant gaurantee to provide its members any work. All the cream will be sliced off to Homeserve. Was the point of no initial direct contact between customer and tradesman.

Back