Rads on plasterboard walls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rads on plasterboard walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some manufacturers instructions over rule this but were in the general regs has this changed...think you should recheck toooooo...

Which manufactures do then ideal, vaillant, Worcester, Viessmann, atag all accept new rules

Look
Which manufactures do then ideal, vaillant, Worcester, Viessmann, atag all accept new rules

Didn't quite work like that...we have general regs that manufactures with there own products can over rule and set their own prescience ...all you have to do is tell me were in the standard regs that it says you can now fit a boiler to a flammable surface...simples...

Look

Didn't quite work like that...we have general regs that manufactures with there own products can over rule and set their own prescience ...all you have to do is tell me were in the standard regs that it says you can now fit a boiler to a flammable surface...simples...

Because you don't know only type c flues (balanced) in igm require fire proof walls due to hot flues, but as your not gas qualified and think you know more go ahead name one condensing boiler that requires it

But you don't need to know any of this as you won't be installing

Last edited:
Mounted on ply ..what happened to not fixing to flamable material..or was you sleeping during that part of ya gas safe refresher..good to see gas in safe hands

Depends on the manufacturer, most can be fittted on combustable surfaces now.

That's what I do. A sliver of gripfill on the back of the brackets as well as hollow wall anchors

Ive never used no setting tool with these...just tighten them up undo the screw and fix whatever your fixing ...done thousands never had a problem yet.

Ive never used no setting tool with these...just tighten them up undo the screw and fix whatever your fixing ...done thousands never had a problem yet.

I find that a bit slow if using a hand screwdriver tbh. But if you do just hand screw them tight, one tip I found is put a dot of oil below the head of the bolt, because there is massive friction between the head and rad bracket (or whatever) while the bolt is pulling the toggle legs tight.
The setting tool is just one squeeze and it's done and without risk of spinning the toggle in wall.

I find that a bit slow if using a hand screwdriver tbh. But if you do just hand screw them tight, one tip I found is put a dot of oil below the head of the bolt, because there is massive friction between the head and rad bracket (or whatever) while the bolt is pulling the toggle legs tight.
The setting tool is just one squeeze and it's done and without risk of spinning the toggle in wall.

If you were doing it as a job allday maybe but in a house your never gonna use many just the odd studded wall ...I see it as just another weapon to have to lug around meself.

If you dont have a setting tool you should tighten the bolt through a bracket or something you can hold. If you don't you run a chance of the fixing spinning in the wall (then you will be searching the van for a spring toggle).
Unifix used to give you a key in the box for holding them if doing by hand.

I find that a bit slow if using a hand screwdriver tbh.

25 turns of the screwdriver or 5 pumps of a yankee. I counted it enough times when i was a boy.

Have you seen the new blade fixings
Worth a google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's a lot of glazing for a modestly sized...
Replies
Views
How big is the radiator?
Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nicely done, only us three will know what you...
Replies
Views
No play but did manage to get enough with some...
Replies
Views
Back