Recommend me a combi boiler please for my 2 bedroom house | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommend me a combi boiler please for my 2 bedroom house in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what work are u planning to do? So far u just ripped out. Assume u had a GSR cap off the supply?

You should replace all the radiators
Run 15mm pipe from each rad to a central 22mm "spine" provide zones and trvs to suit output and a leak rad, including drain off at lowest points and avoiding air locks.
You should provide the installer with a 32mm solvent weld waste pipe connection at the proposed location,
You should clear a route for the gas supply - you cannot look at or touch it legally!
You can have a part p sparkie install a 13A fused spur within 1m of proposed location but sufficiently routed to avoid contravening regulations which apply to the gas pipe.

This will save you a few pennies but if it's a mess then could cost u a lot!

Also hot and cold will be required at the boiler location in 15mm copper.

You cannot use plastic within 1m of boiler on services.

1st post on this thread but suggest the following.

1 Get plumbers to come, look and quote.
2 Choose your plumber and talk to him about what you can do yourself to lower the costs.
3 Book him.

What may seem simple to you may not be quite so simple.

We had one of this on the last boiler change job doing bathroom and all the improvement on the job ..... What a waist of time this handy person was ! 3 days to run hot and cold around the bathroom and still 1st fix not done ! We done a conversion +6 rads and all new pipe work to bathroom in 2 days

Last edited:
Im a roofer by trade and also do fascias sofits and gutters, used to be a bricky.

I have completed some basic courses on electrics n plumbing, I know enough to get me by, I rewired the whole house apart from the light circuit which I only done minor work to, moved added an moved sockets ran wire pretty much everything, then had a sparky in to update the fuse box check over everything an sign I off.

Basically im going to connect all new rads 2 of 6 already done 1 will be towel rail, wil put dran plug on the rad It was first on

Ill clear path for gas and also run the hot and cold for kitchen sink so I can fit the kitchen permanently, as said tanks and boiler have been removed gas was capped off by GS its turned off at the outside box.

mains water is already nearby

only thing about the rads is the whole systm is run in 15mm, it only changed to 22mm at the old boier and there was only about 2 feet of it, everything else is 15mm from what I can see

Im a roofer by trade and also do fascias sofits and gutters, used to be a bricky.

I have completed some basic courses on electrics n plumbing, I know enough to get me by, I rewired the whole house apart from the light circuit which I only done minor work to, moved added an moved sockets ran wire pretty much everything, then had a sparky in to update the fuse box check over everything an sign I off.

Basically im going to connect all new rads 2 of 6 already done 1 will be towel rail, wil put dran plug on the rad It was first on

Ill clear path for gas and also run the hot and cold for kitchen sink so I can fit the kitchen permanently, as said tanks and boiler have been removed gas was capped off by GS its turned off at the outside box.

mains water is already nearby

only thing about the rads is the whole systm is run in 15mm, it only changed to 22mm at the old boier and there was only about 2 feet of it, everything else is 15mm from what I can see

See there's the problem. Knowing enough to get you by is not the same as knowing how to it properly. Therefore your help might actually turn out to be a hindrance. Get a professional, pay them a decent rate and get the job done right once for all.

See there's the problem. Knowing enough to get you by is not the same as knowing how to it properly. Therefore your help might actually turn out to be a hindrance. Get a professional, pay them a decent rate and get the job done right once for all.

Seems intent on DIY? Course on being a bricky too? That's why he's doing roofing now !!

22mm can't say that's why u need to have some on site help! Good luck. ! When it's all done upload some pictures and the gas safe cert for the boiler , if not just to show all the doubters !

OP has had more than enough sensible advice now.

Closing this thread before I have to slap peoples thighs for flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back