regarding gas safe | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss regarding gas safe in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Regarding that plank tonight on the central heating forum talking of putting videos on youtube doing plumbing and gas works has had me thinking a couple things

1, i am under the assumption that gas safe read these threads

2,what could they actually do to stop these sorts of videos?

Imho this is a up coming danger and an issue that gas safe need to address as the use of internet being ever more widespread for these types of works information vids . Personlly that poster on the thread is where gas safe need to start looking at and leaning on these sorts of idiots

freedom of speach? its within his human rights?

you can put almost anything you want on the net and the law cant stop it. only real way is if the host like youtube decide its against there ideals/policys i guess.

It seemed ludicrous to me that a gas engineer would encourage illegal and dangerous diy works on gas appliances made a mockery of it all to me

I think threads like that pose more of a risk than the bloke asking how to wire an internal timeclock.

Is it being closed or left to run?

I left it to run as long as I could, I dropped subtle hints, Then when I did close it he sent me a rather insulting pm so he went.

Didn't even say goodbye which I thought was rude!

some of the threads are quite comical but on this occasion is was starting to grate me

Just another guy(s) looking for the easy buck away from the tools and from the way he was talking it is a money making venture.
I don't think there would be much anyone could do to stop him putting video's up. After all mi's are freely available to anyone to try to follow if they choose.
Whether it is wise to do so is a matter for his conscience or more likely his bank balance.

Lol ive just read it all, croppie couldnt bite his tongue and so he shouldnt have!

These comments have all come up either same or different wording

Good on ya croppie lad!

The guy was a complete tool who seems driven by greed. I do feel that if he were to post DIY boiler repair videos on youtube, it would eventually get taken down. My fear is that that would only be after someone dies after attempting such a fix.

as i stated in the thread you can make good money off youtube via adverts and links. My brothers mate makes over £1000 a month by reviewing the latest tech like the new iphone the day before it came out etc.....

how many will watch a video about how a gas valve works? it will not be worth the time and effort imo as you need alot of views to make good money.

A couple of clues to where he sees his future money coming from

Me and a few other lads are currently working on a load of videos that are going up on Youtube soonish, that is going to completely demystify Gas Plumbing and boiler repair, installation, inspection. We have already completed videos (just need editing) for things like Gas Valves, Pilot and Burners, Fans, Air Pressure Switches etc etc, on loads of different boilers, basically everything that a GSE will need to know, they are going to be made public though to get view count, plumbing videos on Youtube are very popular and currently there is nothing useful in relation to Gas.

and

All 5 of us on this project are, 50 odd years of experience between us, bit daft of us to be doing a project like this if we weren't :hand: 5Live have already mentioned us and that is all i would like to give away at the moment.

I actually quite liked the bloke. It's a shame to see him banned. He spoke a lot of sense! I will miss his informative & factually correct posts!

I am of course joking. The guy is an absolute bell end & that's me being polite. He sounds like the sort of self absorbed idiot that I have been waiting a long time to meet in a secluded area so that I can kick 7 bails out of him & have no conscience to leave there choking on his own blood.

(Apologies for the language & violence in my post, I've had a bad day & reading his posts has brought it to a head for me. I hope I haven't offended anyone & those that know my regular posts will appreciate I don't usually do this)

as i stated in the thread you can make good money off youtube via adverts and links. My brothers mate makes over £1000 a month by reviewing the latest tech like the new iphone the day before it came out etc.....

how many will watch a video about how a gas valve works? it will not be worth the time and effort imo as you need alot of views to make good money.
lol now i know, cheers AW :)

Right: i just shouted to my wee woman to get the video camera looked out. There is money to be made and i need to get a jump on this cant. Looks like it could be a long night. Better than working for a living :smile:

Right: i just shouted to my wee woman to get the video camera looked out. There is money to be made and i need to get a jump on this cant. Looks like it could be a long night. Better than working for a living :smile:

If you're talking videos of your wee woman where do you want the cheque sent? :drool5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
There are other competent persons registers...
Replies
Views
Don't see so many 5 digit numbers these...
2 3
Replies
Views
It seems this changes from college to college...
Replies
Views
Back