Regulation issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Marty92
  • Start date
  • Replies 95
  • Views 9K

Discuss Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relaxed Stan. :D some people seem to think its acceptable to slate others for asking questions, yet when asked to back up their claims with evidence they cannot, I don't mind it's just not very helpful is it.

Ive got qualifications and professional registrations coming out of my earholes but that doesn't mean I know everything or even should know everything.

We all know what we should be doing to comply with the regs, but at the end of the day its what the customer can afford, work is hard enough to get hold of so you cant tell me most of you don't bend the rules to get the job ! it's ok making these rules, but the people making them don't have to pay the cost's. What do you do ,Walk away and not earn anything.

Get your head around Energy Efficiency Best Practice...

Returning to the OP.

There is no doubt in my mind that changing the cylinder in this case is "a good idea" and I'm sure it's in a BPG somewhere, but and it's a big but, I need to establish one way or the other if it actually a requirement, so far I can find nothing anywhere suggesting that it is.

if it gets you the workn not to put cylinder in then i would do it however in a written estimate state you should have an upgrade or offer to do it at later date .
Trades to tight at the mo to be to fussy , take a leaf out of gas safe book and ignore all perils over money

if it gets you the workn not to put cylinder in then i would do it however in a written estimate state you should have an upgrade or offer to do it at later date .
Trades to tight at the mo to be to fussy , take a leaf out of gas safe book and ignore all perils over money

Chances are ill get the work in any case, I was just trying to find out if it was indeed a requirement to change the cylinder.

Your over ten posts now so send your gsr details to gasman or Redsaw so we can continue in the private forum away from public viewing , entry questions are basic for any competent engineer

At the end of the day you cant force them to have it, we all know what best practice says, but we all don't do it, we need to earn a living, why should some faceless pen pusher dictate what people should have in there own homes, You either follow the rules to the letter and earn nothing because you will be undercut on your price, or you bend the rules and earn a living, as long as it safe and it's what the customer wants and can afford , may be different in the larger city's, but in this part of the uk money is tight .

Wrong choice of words but I'm not bothered if they have it or not I'm certainly not going to force them to have it.

My main point I suppose was 3 other qualified plumbers (assumption) had told them that They MUST also have a replacement cylinder, and in truth I didn't (and still don't) know if that is a factually accurate statement or if they are simply applying what they rightly or wrongly believe to be best practice.

I must stress again this is not domestic. Though I'm not sure that changes the requirements on replacing old cylinders due to consequential improvements.

Wrong choice of words but I'm not bothered if they have it or not I'm certainly not going to force them to have it.

My main point I suppose was 3 other qualified plumbers (assumption) had told them that They MUST also have a replacement cylinder, and in truth I didn't (and still don't) know if that is a factually accurate statement or if they are simply applying what they rightly or wrongly believe to be best practice.

I must stress again this is not domestic. Though I'm not sure that changes the requirements on replacing old cylinders due to consequential improvements.

just possibly trying it on and getting more out of it

building regs state that if u replace boiler or cylinder it must be changed to fully pumped sealed system with cylinder stat and room stat .

building regs state that if u replace boiler or cylinder it must be changed to fully pumped sealed system with cylinder stat and room stat . so if u replace boiler just make sure its fully pumped s plan with both cylinder stat and room stat job done .

Your over ten posts now so send your gsr details to gasman or Redsaw so we can continue in the private forum away from public viewing , entry questions are basic for any competent engineer

Pleas don't! I enjoy reading these types of post, and it's not a gas safety matter.

domestic heating design guide small red book . not sure what page its on defo in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's great. Thankyou for your help and advice
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Depends where that 3 core goes to though...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
E
new boiler. fit a baxi. its not repairable
Replies
Views
Back