Regulation issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Marty92
  • Start date
  • Replies 95
  • Views 9K

Discuss Regulation issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you have a red book stating building regs which you cant find saying that all new boilers must be on a sealed system???

[DLMURL]https://www.cibseknowledgeportal.co.uk/component/dynamicdatabase/?layout=publication&revision_id=230[/DLMURL] check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
to specify and design does not mean build regs

why would i need a book to design a heating system when i was a time served apprentice???

cant be arsed scanning the page defo in there about if u change boiler or cylinder u must change to fully pumped s plan with stats on both cylinder and central heating. The book is really good for boiler sizing, pipe sizing, cylinder sizing, don't really care if u don't believe me just trying to help

i am not saying i dont believe you but would like to know the reg where its says you must seal system on every boiler change or cylinder change like you said in earlier post .

im not aware of that reg so would like pointing in that direction

its got references to building regs in the book. I im also a timed served apprentice with 10 yrs experience but don't care who u are u still need reference books in the van nobody can remember every thing.

Looks like we're all gonna have to go back to a lot of jobs... Best get some robo kit expansion vessels on order if this is true lol!

its got references to building regs in the book. I im also a timed served apprentice with 10 yrs experience but don't care who u are u still need reference books in the van nobody can remember every thing.

Nobody is suggesting you need to know/remember everything, you just need to be able to point to actual regs for claims you may make.

Hi Marty try section 6 of the Building Reg's AD Part L2B http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_L2B_2011.pdf There is a compliance guide somewhere I will have a look & get back to you.

Cheers Chris, I had read and discounted section 6, mainly because its not a first installation or an increase in capacity, however a read of section 6 would make you believe you cannot replace a boiler with a larger model without almost rebuilding the whole place to a thermally efficient standard :D

There is some tension in here tonight!
chill winston

Well it does say if economically feasible, and in most peoples cases it wouldn't be.

thanks just a bit bored so thought I would get involved got a bit more abuse than I would off hoped for lol .

Cheers Chris, I had read and discounted section 6, mainly because its not a first installation or an increase in capacity, however a read of section 6 would make you believe you cannot replace a boiler with a larger model without almost rebuilding the whole place to a thermally efficient standard :D
Section 4 Part L2B & just started to read through this which should provide answers.
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/non-domestic_building_compliance_guide_2010.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's great. Thankyou for your help and advice
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Depends where that 3 core goes to though...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
E
new boiler. fit a baxi. its not repairable
Replies
Views
Back