room stats | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss room stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMT230

There you go.

Also, I am struggling to get this stat off the shelf, so are all stats pretty much the same size with screw holes in same position? As I don't really want there to be any touch ups for the client

Terminals 1 and 2. Honeywell stats are big, so cover a lot. U sure its the stat?

No not sure it's the stat at all. I thought that when you turn heating on, this sends signal to stat via wiring centre. If stat is calling for heat, it goes live on 2 which then tells valve to motor across and make switch, which then fires pump and boiler on. But my stat has a live that seems to be permanent.

Does this sound right?

Is it live when timer is off? Stat should have a live when timer is on . Both will be live when stat and timer call for heat

Hey fellers, anyone on here near high wycombe? I would love to go to this job with all the advice you guys have given me, but, this job is far from where I live. And so I don't wan't to go there and do all tests and still not be able to fix problem As it takes me nearly an hour each way. So, I would like to pay to have a more experienced guy to meet there and to go through the wiring of the above faults. I would really appreciate it if anyone could.

Thanks fellers

Last edited:
Well got this sorted today chaps. Was the room stat. It was out of calibration. It Was thinking it is not 10 degrees hotter than it was. So no wonder I couldn't get it to switch when it was 23 degrees.

Is this common for room stats to have this fault?

Thanks for all the help fellers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Thanks for the detailed reply. I think I...
Replies
Views
yes thats where weather comp comes into play...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, the installer had linked a permanent...
Replies
Views
I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
Back