Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Running a new gas pipe from meter to kitchen advice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didn't you mention it then,mr perfect,this site is trying to help newbys not try and put them down to make you look better

I really believe we shouldn't be talking about things like this on an open forum we always complain works slow works stopped but we give out so much info and regs and things to check and not to what to look for any one can read and (have a go ) then people complain there's no work because non gsr and Howe public try to DIY with info off here This is my opinion

We're not in an open forum. This is in the GS section. Joe soap can't read this section.

why didn't you mention it then,mr perfect,this site is trying to help newbys not try and put them down to make you look better

When you get your gas ticket you should know what your doing not asking simple things you should know I'm not mr perfect at all I'm just saying so many people on her say about non gsr and no work. But then give all the info and regs on open forum. Y not talk about regs. Ect in the closed part I'm all up for helping newbies but not joe public have a go gas man ect

choco managed it, am sure this is open forum, its the 'gas safety registered plumbers' section thats closed i believe ??

That was what I was saying how come he got in if it's closed I'm not putting anyone down everyone asks for help but surly we want to keep our work and our well earned and paid for knolage between us registered engineers not any old person diyer ect

I'm sure the gas section is closed. (You all had to give your GS number to get in here right)

Right!! Well I'm an idiot!

Sorry, I'll watch what I put here in future. Thanks chaps.

This what I mean all and sundry can read this and people say so much

15m x 22mm copper will deliver about 3.4m3/hr, which is the equivalent of about 36kw, (just under when you add a couple of bends to the straight run) so you need to add up the input of the appliances as a starting point
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you
its 3 bends just to get out of the box (i can never seee why the outlet is on the top of a meter) and minimum of 2 under the boiler and there is no such thing as a straight run 15m from meter direct to boiler so its probably going to be closer to a 20 meter equivalent length

Last edited:
I think all gsr engineers should boycott this section . To much info is given out to diyers , advise could lead to a disaster .We should tell any body asking for info on installing repairing or altering gas appliances to call a engineer instead of giving out free advice .

'
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you'

kirkgas (and others); I can answer this.
I did the assessments at the end of Feb, but it took me until the end of last month to get the £438 to seal my registration. I've been in dire financial straits for a while now due to some other personal circumstances (not looking for sympathy) and I used the training centre's manuals and gas regs to get through the exams while I was there - and looking stuff up online before.
Yeah, I can see I need to up my game and get stuck into some serious revision. If any of the mods want to contact me privately then I'll happily verify my GS number.

'
PS sorry to say what others will be thinking, inexperience as a newbie is one thing, but the fact you are a newbie means you have only just done this stuff, so something isnt quite right, most newbies seem to have their heads stuck in their books all the time, why arent you'

I did the assessments at the end of Feb, but it took me until the end of last month to get the £438 to seal my registration. I've been in dire financial straits for a while now due to some other personal circumstances (not looking for sympathy) and I used the training centre's manuals and gas regs to get through the exams while I was there - and looking stuff up online before.
Yeah, I can see I need to up my game and get stuck into some serious revision. If any of the mods want to contact me privately then I'll happily verify my GS number.

you can join the gas safe only forum. check out the sticky post in this forum.

'

fair play, but you must have been given notes when doing the training, what certification body was the training place? bpec/niciec/logic etcetc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
Back