Self certifying sanitary pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Self certifying sanitary pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

W

wademec

Hi all,

I am looking at joining APHC so as to self cert sanitary pipework and notify building control through there notification scheme, does anybody on here do this ? And does this remove the need to then have building control inspect and whiteness a stack test?

If any one currently does this I would be grateful for any comments before I pay out to register with AHPC.

Thanks in advance,

Mick.

Hi all,

I am looking at joining APHC so as to self cert sanitary pipework and notify building control through there notification scheme, does anybody on here do this ? And does this remove the need to then have building control inspect and whiteness a stack test?
If any one currently does this I would be grateful for any comments before I pay out to register with AHPC.

Thanks in advance,

Mick.

They certainly want a chunk of money for the CP registration that's for sure, I'd also be really interested in the answer to your question too and would wonder how it may help in gaining a competetive edge!?

Are you getting a lot of leaks and running out of ploys to get out of it? :lol:

Might be different in England but basically you or the client inform the LA that they are using an ACC. This means they pay reduced warrant fees, you issue a certificate saying all is well which the LABC cannot refuse to accept and they cannot ask to inspect.
You get another sticker for your van and your name on the approved contractors website.

Are you getting a lot of leaks and running out of ploys to get out of it? :lol:

Might be different in England but basically you or the client inform the LA that they are using an ACC. This means they pay reduced warrant fees, you issue a certificate saying all is well which the LABC cannot refuse to accept and they cannot ask to inspect.
You get another sticker for your van and your name on the approved contractors website.

Basically yes! Some times it's impossible to get a stack to hold up 3 months after first installation and test, one job on a block of flats had a hairline crack on a WC pan took days to find it there were no leaks or smells, all this costs ££££.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
argh! think i'll get the rest of the plumbing...
Replies
Views
M
Incidentally, you dont need cg239-1 for...
2 3
Replies
Views
sparky3366
S
K
Hi all, sorry for the delay in replying...
Replies
Views
kev999
K
Back