Sorry.....more Part P/electrical advice required. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sorry.....more Part P/electrical advice required. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i change an electric shower of the same output?.
i think any work carried out in a bathroom needs an electrical cert, even if your just swapping like for like.
can i wire up my boilers to a spur pulled of a socket?.
you can wire a boiler to an exsisting fuse spur. If you are altering the fixed wiring then it will require a new electrical cert.
can i wire a y plan?.
This will require a electricla cert.
can i change repair and rewire an element?.
Yes, aslong as your not altering the exsisting fixed wiring circuit.

from what i can remember from the regs (been a while) you can change like for like (socket for a socket) without any problems. If you need to alter the fixed wiring of any circuit then you will need to test and cert. If you need to add a new circuit you need to test and cert. Any work in bathrooms and kitchens needs to be be tested and certed.

can i change an electric shower of the same output?.
i think any work carried out in a bathroom needs an electrical cert, even if your just swapping like for like.
can i wire up my boilers to a spur pulled of a socket?.
you can wire a boiler to an exsisting fuse spur. If you are altering the fixed wiring then it will require a new electrical cert.
can i wire a y plan?.
This will require a electricla cert.
can i change repair and rewire an element?.
Yes, aslong as your not altering the exsisting fixed wiring circuit.

from what i can remember from the regs (been a while) you can change like for like (socket for a socket) without any problems. If you need to alter the fixed wiring of any circuit then you will need to test and cert. If you need to add a new circuit you need to test and cert. Any work in bathrooms and kitchens needs to be be tested and certed.

agree, they are 'special locations' therefore if connecting boiler in kitchen to fused spur then its notifiable and you need a cert to comply with part 'p'
any work outside 'specail locations' needs minor works' certificate
imo

Last edited:
argh! think i'll get the rest of the plumbing qualifications that i have been advised to do. Will get electrical side of things in the future when I know exactly what's what.

More plumbing for me this weekend, loving it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Part p is going to be replaced soon according...
Replies
Views
Honesthomer
H
L
Also now need a portfolio of work.
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
i think its just updated. Should really have...
Replies
Views
Do you get free sunglasses with the sparky...
Replies
Views
Back