should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. | Boilers | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel your anguish! Hope this gets sorted . The blokes a moron and a blagger. I would just ignore the paso he's conning out with.
I try to ignore him and his family but its not my personality to be able do that. I get so wound up by it. How do people not understand how dangerous it is to be doing gas work when you are not trained. I have to think of my neighbours as well, if my gas isnt save then they are not safe either and i need to make sure that they are.

i wouldnt worry about the flue as there is some movement in these baxi's without loosing the seal.

what baffles me is...if you are not allowed to install an appliance that deems it A.R

then why has the boiler been mounted on a combustible surface, and one could say (tongue in cheek) with signs of scourching?????????????

15682d1383849412-should-i-have-room-thermostat-my-20131107_181030.jpg
Im not really understanding all you are saying, i dont know what an ar is.
What could the scorch marks be, it smells like burning but where would it be coming from.
The reason it was suspended from the wall was because the gas pipe runs down the center of the back wall

Boiler on ply is no problem at all, most manufactures say this is fine.

The scorch mark is obviously from the lack of a heat mat when soldering... .

Ar is 'at risk' abbreviation for a gas appliance

Thanks for that, he didnt use a heat mat thats probably why its scorched.

Thank-you guys for listening and answering my questions tonight, no doubt i will be back here again before this saga ends:smile5:

Yea, if he's of a bit of a know it all like your saying, I'd be letting gas safe know of this activitys, bring him down a few pegs and show his family that he is infact wrong.

Some people do it knowing they're in the wrong just to make a cheeky buck but he just sounds plan arrogant.

He will probably only get a slap on the wrist. All of us here pay our registration and retrain every 4 years so I'm not sure why he thinks he's any better and can be excluded from that.

Yea, if he's of a bit of a know it all like your saying, I'd be letting gas safe know of this activitys, bring him down a few pegs and show his family that he is infact wrong.

Some people do it knowing they're in the wrong just to make a cheeky buck but he just sounds plan arrogant.

He will probably only get a slap on the wrist. All of us here pay our registration and retrain every 4 years so I'm not sure why he thinks he's any better and can be excluded from that.
Its my word against his though because he got the work signed off by a GSE and you are right they wouldnt do much anyway

Well if a GSR signed it off gas safe will inspect and send him a notice to correct the dangerous and defective works. At his expense!!
Hopefully make the GSE think twice about signing off substandard and illegal work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if a GSR signed it off gas safe will inspect and send him a notice to correct the dangerous and defective works. At his expense!!
Hopefully make the GSE think twice about signing off substandard and illegal work?
I read that you can ask for a gas inspection and if you are chosen then it could be six months before they come and check it. Ive turned my boiler off now.
Other than that i will have to make a complaint, that wont go down well with them all, i think i will be watching my back.

Have a read of

Attachments

• 26 July 2011 - TB 014 - Gas work.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
Have a read of
Thanks mike i will look at it when my son gets home, im having trouble opening the file.

Im getting a bit closer to getting things sorted. I rang a builder that i last saw about 25 years ago and told him my situation and he is putting me in touch with a GSE that he totally trusts to do his gas. His niece was killed by a faulty gas boiler, installed by an illegal fitter so he is very careful about who he has in and he was livid when i told him about mine situation.
Ive also decided to ring the GSE who connected me because its his name on the benchmark he needs to know what a mess the plumber has got him into.

I wouldn't bother ringing the GSE as he came and connected the gas supply and should have checked everything was correct when he was there! As for the plumbers family twisting on at you, tell them to off! It's you and your family with a badly fitted boiler which could possibly kill you. I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't fit a room stat? Hard wired £10 wireless £50 both take 10 mins to wire up!!

I wouldn't bother ringing the GSE as he came and connected the gas supply and should have checked everything was correct when he was there! As for the plumbers family twisting on at you, tell them to off! It's you and your family with a badly fitted boiler which could possibly kill you. I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't fit a room stat? Hard wired £10 wireless £50 both take 10 mins to wire up!!
The reason why im calling the GSE is because i want to put pressure on him to get some money out of the plumber to pay for me to get an independent GSE to check his work and correct what is necessary. Its his name on the benchmark.
I dont see any point in complaining to gas safe about them because its only my word against theirs that the plumber did the work and if i dont get some money back from the plumber then he will just get away scott free. All that will probably happen is that the GSE will be told to correct his work but i dont want him back in my house.
I have a guy coming tomorrow to do a check list of the faults and i can go from there. I trust him.

A little slow on responding, but thoughts are with the scorched Ply, that it went from AR to ID when the soldering was carried out and ended in a NCS. LOL

AR= At risk
ID= Imediately dangerous
NCS=Not to current standards
More pc psycho babble to mess with your head ! lol

Yep and officials
Councils
police
social workers
doctors
old people
children
dogs
Oooops sorry People !
Oh and mucked about with food !
Eat meat not muck like burgers and sausages !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I
Ian Following on from the above, you say "It...
Replies
Views
Back