Siphon - change plastic or renew? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Siphon - change plastic or renew? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Happy New Year friends,

So, my mate called me and asked how to change the plastic in a toilet siphon. I told him to change it all. He wants to change the plastic.

I never change that, I just renew. Tbh, I don't know how to renew the plastic only!!

What do you do?

Comment after hangovers are long gone if needed (I'm hangover free, just 3 pints on John Smiths - sorry Gary but I still like it)!

Cheers

Rct

The plastic from a heavy rubble sack is particularly suitable. Use the old one as a template.

Yeah Cheers, but do you need to take siphon out first? I.e uncouple toilet and fit? I know those Turbo Dudley's pull out but others are in tight?

I have some packs of different syphon diaphragms, and I also carry complete syphons. I always replace the complete syphon.

Yes they require removal and if close coupled maybe a foam doughnut.

Thanks, as I thought.

Where did you buy the different siphon diaphragms? Be useful on the van.

My local chap doesn't carry them.

Think I got them in Plumbase.....about 4 years ago!

If its a great piece syphon then it gets changed, if it's a 3 piece then I just change the flap

I just change the full thing as a rule I have replaced the plastic flap in a few but I think if it's had to be taken out fully then may as well put a new one in.

I'm same as Manchester. If it's a one piece change it to a turbo 88 if it's already one change the plastic. I just use a bit of rubble sack.

I don't mean to be stupid but when you say one piece, what do you mean exactly please?
I think he means the syphons that are moulded in on piece, so you have to dismount the whole thing to maintain it. Later Dudley and some derwent macdee syphons came in 2 or 3 parts and the working bits can be separated from the upstand.

What are you doing Ray ?- its new year and you should be relaxing on your private island
in the sun before calling up the private jet - to get you back to mission control
ready to get bashed tomorrow - Happy New Year my friend CHK
I think he means the syphons that are moulded in on piece, so you have to dismount the whole thing to maintain it. Later Dudley and some derwent macdee syphons came in 2 or 3 parts and the working bits can be separated from the upstand.

One of the reasons I usually change the whole syphon is like most other plumbing related items in my area....they're caked in limescale so the action of item is usually not smooth....and I don't want to have to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
1) It was assembled correctly this time Or 2)...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back