speed fit on secondary return | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss speed fit on secondary return in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has water running through it every time tap is turned....you been on the pop ? :)

The total no. of litres flow at final outlet ,must be nothing compared with continuous replenish hot with hot that happens within pumped secondary return , that stays hot so boosts leaching effect

( any YES Cider )

personally if the manufacturers say dont use it, I wouldnt, as come the day it fails, you are in the pooh as the installer who has to defend your actions.

The total no. of litres flow at final outlet ,must be nothing compared with continuous replenish hot with hot that happens within pumped secondary return , that stays hot so boosts leaching effect

( any YES Cider )
If it leeched into water it would be banned

the manufacturers don"t say not to use it they say don"t use it on a continuously circulating return maintained at a constant high temperature, I f you're gonna quote the manufacturer at least take the time to read it and get it right!

Insurers will be more happy with leakage from sealed domestic CH system, as its un-likely to flood downstairs.

Un-like 3 bar (mains-fed) hot water , plenty of potential damage .

A good reason for G3 ticket , and a service once in a while !

You lot still arguing about this?!?

It's Sunday evening, who gives a tish!!!

Personally, I'd say mike Jackson got it spot on. It's not been approved for the relevant specification because its not worth the bothering financially.

Doubt it makes any odds, I'd be surprised if it wasn't tested for 24/7 use. Plenty of applications where heating could be on continuously and for them to release a product that couldn't withstand 'worse case scenario' would be utterly stupid.

G3 doesn't make any mention of hot water returns in plastic, I"d love to know how you service a plastic pipe?

don"t use it on a continuously circulating return maintained at a constant high temperature,

My point is ,compare years to failure if constant
with how many more you will get if its not constant . ( Warranty period ? )

Insurers don't like paying for gamblers !

( Have not read instructions as I don't fit )

I"ll choose to ignore it as I dont do nursing homes

I don't do nursings homes but I have clients that are from the Middle East. Usually seven+ bedrooms and bathrooms with servants quarters. They all come and go at different times throughout the year and the set up suits their lifestyle/needs.

Would you plumb the secondary return in plastic?

Last edited:
the manufacturers say no to a return that"s on 24 hours a day why would you install a system that runs through the night, it should also be on a stat to stop the pump running needlessly, then again you would know that being an experienced plumber

And you're point being?

I just looked at a job , is a massive house and they want two UHWC ? Shall I run the secondary return in plastic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Well, I'm thinking if your HOT OUT goes in a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
S
dam clever these new pumps, cant even make...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Domestic boilers are fixed rate and don’t...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back