Sponsored thread - Worcester unvented cylinders | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sponsored thread - Worcester unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when a plan comes together.

Just done a deal for a pile of Worcester unvented cylinders.

Much cheaper than I was expecting them to be. 210 litre indirect for £599 plus VAT. I knew I could sell them at that price.

As a special introductory offer, I sorted out a deal with Worcester so we could offer them cheaper if bought with a Worcester system boiler. So if you buy the two together, the 210 litre is just £499 plus VAT. Should fly off the shelf.

Just had a call today from my man at Worcester. Between the laughter, he told me that they were launching a national cashback scheme for £100 per cylinder. That 210 litre unit is now just £399 plus VAT after the cashback. How cheap? Thats just ridiculous!

So if you are quoting for an unvented install from scratch, and you like the mighty Worcester Bosch name - fill yer boots!

But not until my stock turns up next week. :)

Just a quick update. I have just had formal confirmation, and there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that it doesn't start officially until FEB 1st.

The good news is that those people who ordered last night, before I had a chance to print this correction, will still get their cashback, even if its in January.

Thats one in Herts and one in Kent - the people know who they are... :)

Ray does the email state whether it has to be installed in the installers home to qualify for the 100 quid cashback

I have fitted 4 of the Worcester cylinders, a twin coil in my own place.

Quality piece of kit.

Just popped out to the garage, the flickering reset light hasn't reared it's head since:asshole:

How is your'e night time reading going :lol:

Ray does the email state whether it has to be installed in the installers home to qualify for the 100 quid cashback

Nope. You just have to have proof of purchase.

And I have just read the small print. If purchased with a gas or oil regular or system boiler, the cashback rises to £150. This just keeps on getting better. :)

By lunchtime next tuesday, they'll be paying you to fit them! :)

Nope. You just have to have proof of purchase.

And I have just read the small print. If purchased with a gas or oil regular or system boiler, the cashback rises to £150. This just keeps on getting better. :)

By lunchtime next tuesday, they'll be paying you to fit them! :)

Seems the blinkers are off and they have finally realised just what they are worth.....

Just popped out to the garage, the flickering reset light hasn't reared it's head since:asshole:

How is your'e night time reading going :lol:

Never slept so well thanks. Has the added advantage of stopping the wobble on the table....:eek:

The whole thing took on the air of a farce today.

We placed an order for 100 units yesterday with one of the two Worcester distributors. We don't talk to the other one.

Them: "Sorry, we can't fill your order, we don't have the stock."

Me: "Ok, no problem, what can you deliver?"

Them: "None at all."

Me: "What?"

Them: "Sorry, we haven't got any."

Me: "OK. Can't you get them from Worcester?"

Them: "No"

Me: "Why not?"

Them: "Because they only have 13."

Me: "THIRTEEN?"

Them: "Yes."

Me: "You're kidding right?

Them: "No."

So I have 13, count them 13 units coming on Tuesday. That should see Alex and Iain alright, and last us until about Friday lunchtime

Just for comparison purposes, we have over 400 RM unvented cylinders on the shelf. 13 RM units would last us almost exactly 1 day.

Ray,

Do you think they have f..ked up on their pricing :lol:

I wonder if the national firms are getting the same response when ordering ?

Ray,

Do you think they have f..ked up on their pricing :lol:

I wonder if the national firms are getting the same response when ordering ?

I think we are ahead of the game. My contact also happens to the person charged with boosting the cylinder sales. I've known him man-and-boy, so would have been one of his first calls. Unlike the nationals, we can make a decision immediately - they will take two weeks to discuss it, and then get round to doing something in March.

And yes, I do think they have fecked their pricing. At least they have with the deal they did me.

As a comparison ray the 210.your doing for me I got a price of 640+ from plumbase and couldn't get it for 5 days

As a comparison ray the 210.your doing for me I got a price of 640+ from plumbase and couldn't get it for 5 days

They couldn't even have got it then. Because some annoying independent on the South coast bought Worcesters entire stock yesterday. :)

Do you think this stock disappeared after they found out what price they were being sold for?

Do you think this stock disappeared after they found out what price they were being sold for?

Nope. They are stuck with the deal now, and will have to honour it. It will only add an extra week or so delay.

I hope you're going to be ordering another hundred for us ray at those prices :)

I think we are ahead of the game. My contact also happens to the person charged with boosting the cylinder sales. I've known him man-and-boy, so would have been one of his first calls. Unlike the nationals, we can make a decision immediately - they will take two weeks to discuss it, and then get round to doing something in March.

And yes, I do think they have fecked their pricing. At least they have with the deal they did me.

First name Neil by any chance?

Ray, this is exactly what I am after for my own place, what is the cost for an 18kw system boiler and the cylinder please. If there are any available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are looking at replacing look at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
R
Please keep the politics out of it lads. This...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
SOLd out in about 1 minute
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back