Suggest gas combi boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some big flats around mate.

oooo they defo must be outside of wales all little shacks round here :D

Flow restrictors are the only way to achieve this. ecotec plus and pro use the same internal components plastic to metal wise. They are my boiler of choice though.

I have looked at Hansgrohe shower heads and taps - they seem to have water saving/reduction cartridges inside. Mixing water with air or something like that.

I`m leaning towards Viessmann Vitodens-100W. It ticks all the boxes, buts its 1:4, not 1:6.

I have looked at Hansgrohe shower heads and taps - they seem to have water saving/reduction cartridges inside. Mixing water with air or something like that.

I`m leaning towards Viessmann Vitodens-100W. It ticks all the boxes, buts its 1:4, not 1:6.

so ?????? its still very energy efferent that all what matters

Do you even know the flow rate at the main incoming? Combis are not the most efficient for under floor due to hot water priority causing temp to drop away. Your asking a lot expect to pay a lot!

so ?????? its still very energy efferent that all what matters

But its not most energy efficient. The difference is 8.3% from your boilers kw output. It all adds up. I would also like a boiler with passive flue gas heat recovery +it to work in condensing mode for hot tap water as well, but that`s asking too much :D Then I would need to manufacture one myself.

Last edited:
You need the the Ferroli Lamborghini boiler... If there no longer making that you need a Ravenheat...

You need the the Ferroli Lamborghini boiler... If there no longer making that you need a Ravenheat...

:D you can pick a colour as well

Lambo not being made any more. Just checked Ferroli top boiler - Modena HE. Not impressed. 27kw uses 100w when burning. No w specified when idle. Also just 11.1L/min@35 isnt anything impressive. Noise level not specified at all. Doesn`t mention if heat exchanger is stainless steel or aluminum.

Ravenheat uses aluminum heat exchanger, not option for me, I only want best :) Worcester also uses aluminum only, every model.

Last edited:
I want a car that seats 7, gives 90 mpg, does 0-60 in 4 secs, has 4WD, 25,000 mile service intervals, costs under £8k and offers a 7 yr unlimited mileage warranty.

All of those features are available. You just can't have them all in the same car.

My personal view is that you are misunderstanding the various claimed features of boilers. BOILERS don't have set efficiencies, except on a test rig. Its the INSTALLED SYSTEM that has an efficiency, and that depends on design, installation, commissioning, controls (both in terms of capability, but more importants user understanding) as well as a host of other issues - apart from the system.

If you will forgive me for saying so, this is a classic case of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

You want this indeck-keystone-massive-boiler-in-transit-reduced-size1.jpg stainless steel heat exchanger too

HTH

You want this stainless steel heat exchanger too

HTH

If you feel very rich, then you can always buy Worcester with aluminum which will corode in few years time. I prefer to make smart purchase to avoid such issues.

If you feel very rich, then you can always buy Worcester with aluminum which will corode in few years time. I prefer to make smart purchase to avoid such issues.

you wont have more than 10 - 12 years out of your boiler these days (combi) realistically

You can predict future?

Still - why would you buy inferior boiler if you have choice of other better ones?

You can predict future?

Still - why would you buy inferior boiler if you have choice of other better ones?

nope just going on current models and there not inferior main brand boilers

Worcester has aluminum heat exchanger, consumes more electricity, noisier. You don`t call it inferior?

They are hugely popular because installers can make more money on them +they invest ton of money in marketing. It doesn`t make boiler itselft any better.

This is not an argument, but discussion - whole idea of such forum. Facts are facts, I have compared boiler specs.

And why installers fit Worcester? Because parts are widely available, better profit margins compared to other makes, better tech support maybe. But again - it doesn`t actually mean its best boiler out there. I can understand its not easy to accept this fact, because you might be fitting 10 Worcesters a week.

Worcester has aluminum heat exchanger, consumes more electricity, noisier. You don`t call it inferior?

They are hugely popular because installers can make more money on them +they invest ton of money in marketing. It doesn`t make boiler itselft any better.

:D there not nosier,alu conducts heat better and doesnt matter if alu or ss both do the same and work in the same principle, and i bet if you ran each make of main man boiler you wont find much difference in elec cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Mains water temp certainly changes a lot...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Back