System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flo...

I will be paying the Gas Bill on this property! However I can offset running costs against income tax, but, “capital” costs can only be offset against capital gains tax if I every sell the property (and the system is still in use.)
Do you want a bill for all the system design info given on here so you can offset that as well ??

Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

If not fitting muliple DHW tanks for the multiple occupancy, and choosing a simple mild steel buffer (good choice :) ) then why not install a direct hot water system on the buffer tank (external Heat exchanger) - saves storing two lots of water, no G3 or legionella issues, and as much hot water as they want on demand, add in honeywell evo for each flat, (or go cheapskate and use Pegler Terrier i-Temp :) )

Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

Direct = lime scale ? But then again it's cheaper?

If not fitting muliple DHW tanks for the multiple occupancy, and choosing a simple mild steel buffer (good choice :) ) then why not install a direct hot water system on the buffer tank (external Heat exchanger) - saves storing two lots of water, no G3 or legionella issues, and as much hot water as they want on demand, add in honeywell evo for each flat, (or go cheapskate and use Pegler Terrier i-Temp :) )

If I only have one tank, will I not need to keep it at least 65c, so that the PHE can produce DHW? If so, then I am heating water hotter than the radiators need and hence getting less condensing.

How does a honeywell evo allow the tenants to set the heating times, I thought that it was design on the bases of one unit that transmitted the required settings to all TRV in the building. I like the window open sensor on the Terrier i-Temp, but the UI on their TRV looks a bit complex, so will tenants turn the heating off when they go out?

Fit a occupancy sensor, window contacts and a I/o controller. But the cost gonna be 200 times what u save. Your over complicating this . Put in electric heaters and get sub metering from supplier or token meters. And fit a solar thermal unit for DHW. Low capital low running cost .

If I only have one tank, will I not need to keep it at least 65c, so that the PHE can produce DHW?
DHW using a direct system will be more than adequate at 43-48° no legionella issue. (That's what TMV's are set at for antiscalding anyway)

How does a honeywell evo allow the tenants to set the heating times
Bind the TRV to specific controller then each controller back to it's own receiver wired in parallel: simples, The smart tenants could even hook the evo up to their iphone for when they are away :)

Maybe seeing as it is a major refurb, you should also consider multiple zones, ufh, ashp :):):)

In fact all of this is very simple (for those of us that do it for a living) - time to call in a pro and discuss your options with ball park costs, choose your spec, get them to price, and go.....

DHW using a direct system will be more than adequate at 43-48° no legionella issue. (That's what TMV's are set at for antiscalding anyway)

The HSE says that:

The water temperature should be at least 50 °C within one minute of running the water at the outlet (or the inlet of the TMV within 2m of outlet.)

I agree that it is daft to say the least given how little water will be sitting in the pipework, however the law now says that landlords must do a legionella risk assessment and there are no well accepted guidelines at present apart from the HSE!

Lots of letting agents are now telling landlords that they must pay for a professional legionella risk access that costs about £200 even on properties that just have a simple combi boiler. Hopefully soon same GS people will do the 1 or 2 days training, so it can be included as standard with the gas safety check.

With what I suggested there is no stored hot water. It says : "Check flow and return temperatures at calorifiers. Outgoing water should be at least 60 °C
There is no calorifier, in what I suggested it is 'instantaneous' hot water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Back