Thermal store confusion! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermal store confusion! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't leave the custard with hot water either then whilst the heating is drained I guess?

Can a powerflush be done from the boiler flow & return?

Where would the best place be to fit a magnet filter on boiler return still?

You can still pwr flush it from the F&R at the boiler as it will just run through the store. Fit the filter on the boiler return as normal to give it a bit protection. You''ll need it. Most of the sludge gathers in the store and there is no way of getting it out unless you remove it, turn it upside down and wash it out. The store is a big neutral point. Most muck in the system is lying in there but won't be shifted by a powerflush.
Just swap the boiler as normal and wire it in as it was or swap it for a combi.

Just finished installing one today! It has solid fuel, solar and gas heat sources!

They really are simple to install, HW ON brings on the boiler switch live via the store control stat, pump live from the boiler powers the pump on the primary flow and return and CH ON powers the heating pump via the room stat.

IMG-20130328-00150_zpsae754918.jpg

Still have the solar to fit to it, along with tidying up the wiring and lagging the pipe work. This one has an external plate heat exchanger, as opposed to an internal coil.
Can you pls have me I. Your next job . No wages required I will just help out and see how it gets done ! I will book a b&b for my self for as long the job goes , please !
Kind regards
stan

As tamz said stan be no bother to you
Flow and return from boiler flow and return from stove
Then from and return to heating from store
Mains water in hot out
Vent off top
And cold feed

Hats off to you lads ! Its boggled my mind !

To do list:
look into or buy book for thermal stores

Hats off to you lads ! Its boggled my mind !

To do list:
look into or buy book for thermal stores
a thermal store is basically a cylinder thats full of heating water, every thing goes into it and out of it just thermally stores it for the next demand to draw off.

Gledhill do a multifuel thermal store called a torrent. Good for linking solid fuel into too.

Their Boilermates, Pulsacoils, Gulfstreams, are all total crap. Good ideas on paper, poor execution.

What make is that store Ricky?
Its a Gledhill Torrent Greenheat. I was a bit annoyed tbh as I thought I'd ordered one with an internal coil for the hot water, but this arrived with a pump and external plate heat exchanger.

I've worked on a loads of boiler mates and gulfstreams and they are a pain in the arse. Quality control on this was crap too, had ports incorrectly labelled, pipework not straight and things not tightened up. I turned on the mains water and the sensor shot out of its housing!

Can you pls have me I. Your next job . No wages required I will just help out and see how it gets done ! I will book a b&b for my self for as long the job goes , please !
Kind regards
stan
Its easy Stan honest. I'll take some better pics today.

Its a Gledhill Torrent Greenheat. I was a bit annoyed tbh as I thought I'd ordered one with an internal coil for the hot water, but this arrived with a pump and external plate heat exchanger.

I've worked on a loads of boiler mates and gulfstreams and they are a pain in the arse. Quality control on this was crap too, had ports incorrectly labelled, pipework not straight and things not tightened up. I turned on the mains water and the sensor shot out of its housing!

Ah right, thought it might be a Gledhill. I've fitted one of their Torrents, but wasn't a Greenheat like that. was wrapped in white plastic.

I also do loads of Gledhill repairs. Infact they're the only units I carry a good range of spares for. I've installed a few of the BP models and the quality was a lot better than their past incarnations.....but that isn't enough to make me a fan.

Having a heat exchanger is all well and good, but you are adding more electrical elements to go wrong, pumps and sensors.

I think I prefer a coil and a blending valve. Simple.

Yep 10 mm Hep round here Danny, worst one i saw had to be repiped due to sludge!

Yup, seen it myself mate. Terrible. Some of these houses are top spec in many respects and only 10 years old. Some already need a new heating system installed!

ive got a boiler mate and they are great apart from a very exspensive tmv i keep meaning to adapt it to use normal tmv but its one of those jobs you put of untill it packs up again and when it does its easier to bite the bullet and buy one

ive got a boiler mate and they are great apart from a very exspensive tmv i keep meaning to adapt it to use normal tmv but its one of those jobs you put of untill it packs up again and when it does its easier to bite the bullet and buy one

You have a Boilermate III Steve? They were ok.

haha no it aint. the whole things on a frame and studded so its going behind and up, good call if it was though.

I am sure I will be ok , just need the experience of doing one and get to know there controls and commision one !

Whyme, how do you find the EcoEquipped ones to fit? I did consider one, but decided against it because I'd not heard of them. I won't be fitting a Gledhill next time!

Whyme, how do you find the EcoEquipped ones to fit? I did consider one, but decided against it because I'd not heard of them. I won't be fitting a Gledhill next time!

there fine pal, the boss gives them the spec we need and the tappins are put where needed. quite expensive (tbh the people who have them arent short of a few bob) but bespoke to fit so no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry I made the wrong assumption! The gas...
Replies
Views
According to the manufacturer's information OV...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No as the temp wouldn’t get as hot as the...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan, the house has three full...
Replies
Views
Back