This made my blood boil | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss This made my blood boil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, I'm a full scope electrician now.

Sorry Croft, I read it as the joiner doing the electrics, was hoping you could nail (sic) him that way. I also do full scope electrics

Well, if there's one thing I've realised I hate more than any other..

I met a joiner whilst at my customer's house today doing some electrical work as it happens. Seemed really friendly. Once I finished I was over at my folks house when I get a call from my customer.

'Keiran, have you got 2 minutes?'

'Sure, what's up?'

'The joiner asked how much you where charging for the bathroom. I told him £1,300 including VAT and he said that was extortionate, shouldn't be any more than £600..'

'Ok, well it's 5 days of work and around £200 of materials. Great that he's happy to work for less than minimum wage once he pays off his business running costs, but I'm not.'

A: - I can't believe someone would seriously be so unprofessional and also come in with such a ridiculous low price, he would earn much more working in a minimum wage job.
B: - This isn't the first time this customer has said he's short of cash. Yet amazingly, he's found the money to get 4 new double glazed windows put in that don't need replacing, brand new door frames, loft boarding, and a whole load of other things he didn't want done at the start.

The only good thing I guess is that I have a signed contract for the bathroom and the remainder of the work..

Grrrr.

and relax.
never mind been to dear, you seem cheap to me,£200 materials, i take it there buying the bath ,toilet etc.what electrical body are you registered with as you mentioned your FULL SCOPE,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just a thought but can you overdose the system...
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
I do, sometimes, at the end of a shower, but I...
Replies
Views
the video doesn't play within the post for me...
Replies
Views
Back