Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter unimpressed
  • Start date
  • Replies 92
  • Views 10K

Discuss Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a word with the person who recomended him, explain the problems you've had and hopefully he won't recomend him again. Sounds like you have got some cowboys through no fault of your own, except maybe asking for ID badges i.e Gas safe

Lame- yes the first chap came out to view the second chaps work and agreed it needed sorting out, he smoothed it over with us and we were quite happy with what he said he would do.

We agreed he would put the plumbing right and get the wall repainted, we would deal with patching up the tiles, patching up the new skirting and repositioning pipes through the bathroom floor tiles. We were happy with this. Then he never showed up to finish the work.

Thanks croppie!

Yes ecowarm I agree. I'll have a word with the recommender- but to complicate things he is related to the plumber!

i am really really sorry for what you have been , but related or not he should not been given more work

to get warranty, the benchmark ticket nneeds completing and you should also get a building regs ticket fm the installer thro gas safe.

Blimey everyone's related! You're not from the isle of wight are you?!

There's no excuse for poor workmanship. Unfortunately a few poor tradesmen give us all a bad name. The trouble you have is there isn't much you will be able to do. Maybe trading standards? Did you have a written detailed quote? Receipts for payment etc?

This is why trades get a bad name, sounds like you have been unlucky enough to have been on the wrong end of such poor service.
maybe post the remaining work up in the looking for a plumber section as by the sound of it you are not going to see them or get any money back.

we are not all like that. I fully understand why people are so wary.

Ok these pipes were supposed to come out below the floor, not into this room at all. There was no reason for them not to be run under the floor (different floor heights between rooms, no joists in the way). In doing it this way instead, he broke a tile he should not have been drilling in the first place.

Attachments

• 20130206_175927.jpg
    20130206_175927.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 196
I personally think it's a bad idea to mud fling in public. But that's just my opinion.

This was not too bad, but the pipes going through the floor bent just under the floor. Fine, except the tiles were not down yet and the pipe bend was too close to the floor to allow the tiles to be fitted. Also It was not centred on the tiles as we asked.

Attachments

• 20130206_180103.jpg
    20130206_180103.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 185
as a broken tile was mentioned by the op i guess they are for a towel rad

oops meant to be posted above the picture lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
It is when you switch a cooker on without a...
Replies
Views
Back