Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter unimpressed
  • Start date
  • Replies 92
  • Views 10K

Discuss Thoroughly dodgy plumber- who to complain to? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes chrome. The floor is down, but there is no ceiling below, just open joists, so easy access underneath.

The pipes are for a rad in the bedroom the other side of the wall.

Ok this is the rad. Poor photo as wasn't taking it for this purpose-pipes just visible at bottom of photo. The pipes should have gone straight into the skirting, lower down, one at each end of the rad. he ignored what we asked and ran them higher up, both to the middle of the rad then through the skirting, higher than they should have been, so they came out in the bathroom rather than under the bathroom floor (floor height difference).

Oh and that lilac wall? That's the one he touched up with BLUE paint.

Dancin- yes the chrome was to be on show- on the OTHER side of the wall! It wasn't meant to show in the bathroom at all!

might be your work next, no one is perfect we all have off days, some more than others though :)

Sorry pic here

Attachments

• 20130207_200423.jpg
    20130207_200423.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 180
The point re. pipes is, we specified where they should run. We confirmed he understood. He then ignored that (for no apparent reason) and ran them elsewhere.

No name and shame please on the public forum. This is an open plumbing forum not an open court.

One of the piles of rubbish left behind- I did expect him to tidy up a bit.

Attachments

• 20130305_173036.jpg
    20130305_173036.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 177
Bear in mind these are just some photos I've quickly found- I haven't been round taking photos to illustrate the problem. I'll do that tomorrow.

Oh and one more gem from this chap I forgot about. Told him where the electric runs and he only bloody drilled exactly where we showed him it was, narrowly missing the cables.

This is the boiler- just for interest. No real issue, but don't really know what I'm looking at tbh, The copper piping runs annoyingly close to the plug switch though.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 171
No , I don't actually belive all this now !!! There is a reason I asked for the photos NOW
you are exaturating it , I am sorry but you have fail tonight !!!

Well the pipes shouldn't have been on show, if it was priced to have the floor up. If it wasn't priced to have the floor up (it is more work to have the floor up obviously) then I can understand why he's done it.

Leaving piles of rubbish, and touching lilac paintwork up with blue. Yes wrong....but again some plumbers wouldn't have bothered touching the paintwork up at all.

In short, what I'm saying is, while the work doesn't appear to be brilliant. It's not the worse I've seen by a country mile. We see some god awful work on here.

Ok fair enough if that's your opinion- I'm unhappy as it wasn't what I asked for and the issues I stated do stand. What am I exaggerating? I don't have photos of everything, but what's wrong with those I do have to show my point?

Well to say that the copper pipe is annoyingly close to the socket. I mean really?

I'm looking at that boiler install and frankly I don't think that's a poor job at all.

Pipework is clipped, its all in copper as it should be. The cross overs have all been down with fittings, and not formed which is fine if you aren't the best on a pipe bender.

I can't view it with the naked eye, but this really isn't SHOCK HORROR crap work.

Last edited:
Dannypipe, sorry I don't think I am explaining well enough. There was no need to take the floor up- the ceilings below are not in, so there is easy access from downstairs. The floor level differences mean that pipes running through the wall in the bedroom can come out below the floorboards of the bathroom next door. Which is where those chrome pipes should have run-they should have gone below the bathroom floor, not into the bathroom at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
It is when you switch a cooker on without a...
Replies
Views
Back