Tool gallery. | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tool gallery. in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Thats right naked hard core pics of your favourite tools. I know most of us are avid tool collectors so lets get em out. If you think you have something special that you use a lot or is perfect for that certain job that only comes up once in a blue moon. Post it. Doesnt have to be pretty, can be beaten and punished share your favourites! Group shots are fine too! If your sorting your bag and tipping the crud out of all the crevices and that shattered gas tape roll that unravelled itself. Then why not spread your loot and take a snap. Just try not to drool on your own tool.

got the hiltis at a plant auction, 130 quid not working, i know the local rep and he repaired them for me for price of parts :) didnt buy them new !!!

i have a lock up beside my parents house and its on their farm out of the way.
(will be here till ive saved towards mortgage)
my dads a machine contractor, ground worker and plant operator so he has a full blown machine shop with other outbuildings where his plant is stored.

lucky for me as i have access to most things from it !!!!

as for most of my kit, i never ever pay full price unless i'm in a bind, i always wait for sales or ebay stuff and i'm a dab hand at shopping around.

Ermi was interested but.... It's m12 and I'm not a fan. I got the same Bacho sets. I also have ... A halfords through bolt set. The socket had no center so can slide infinitely along a bolt to grip nut. Works on unistrut or on big bolts upto 46mm? Then it's king dicks!

its all diesel engines or oil pumps/hydraulic blocks for the excavators :)

i get told step by step what to do by the father :)

Nice I been wrong side of a d6 or a JS330 wanted a go on a L714 but bit big. I'm a dab hand with a 3cx and u will be left standing in a race on terex 9t dumpers. Mis spent early career with civils contractor (site setting out engineer)

It's horrible. I scraped two perfectly serviceable benford mixers few years ago to make room (parents needed garage space)

Having spent the last 15 years having all of the downstairs ( we bought the village shop with a flat over the top as a restoration project ) the wife wants to make it all house now ! off to the cellar the toys go but after a severe slimming.................

Nice I been wrong side of a d6 or a JS330 wanted a go on a L714 but bit big. I'm a dab hand with a 3cx and u will be left standing in a race on terex 9t dumpers. Mis spent early career with civils contractor (site setting out engineer)

we converted a d6 for log grabbing, that was a nice project.
JS330 tis a beasty, never had a go on one.
L714 ? can't think of who thats made by ?
3cx annoyed me, bouncing around now the 4cx was a touch better however i no longer rate the jcbs.
most of our stuff is bobcat now :)
i was 7 years old and learning to drive an 18 ton Cat !!

you have to have servo controls now, so much nicer.

dad recently got a 30 ton volvo dumper! i refuse to get in the damn thing

oh i slid a r380-9 (hyundai 38 tonner) down a hill backwards !!!
lost most of my confidence when that happened.

ironicly started this job a month or two after

I'm actually crying for U! All that work all those tools to loose! Ouch. But u have a cellar. In dreaming of a cellar / plant room / test lab!

Cheers mate, it is hard. I have to be realistic as we were turned down for a re-mortgage application so have to crack on now . The cellar was a 6 foot deep swamp but "fortunately" the walls were crumbling so I dug it a tad deeper with a lot of temporary concrete and steel support. To clay it is 14 foot so will end up with about 12 foot actual with all the building regs stuff. However last time I got properly stuck in down there I was a fit 40 year old....now at 50 it is going to be a struggle.

we converted a d6 for log grabbing, that was a nice project.
JS330 tis a beasty, never had a go on one.
L714 ? can't think of who thats made by ?
3cx annoyed me, bouncing around now the 4cx was a touch better however i no longer rate the jcbs.
most of our stuff is bobcat now :)
i was 7 years old and learning to drive an 18 ton Cat !!

you have to have servo controls now, so much nicer.

dad recently got a 30 ton volvo dumper! i refuse to get in the damn thing

oh i slid a r380-9 (hyundai 38 tonner) down a hill backwards !!!
lost most of my confidence when that happened.

ironicly started this job a month or two after

Liebherr might be a 740 it's massive! Moxys are bit scary when your doing a 3 point turn and not enough air in brakes so your stuck for 2mins to refill. Bobcats are go carts and cold ones at that. 4cx topple over too easily. Cat is better Volvo is the nuts. New holland is pants.

Nearly got into a lot of trouble on 14t ex once slid down slag heap put arm out poped top ram out. Lind back up and tracked into wall to get back in, mopped up oil and off hired .... Got pretty good at driving them quick on telehandkers ... Was 5 years ago

Cheers mate, it is hard. I have to be realistic as we were turned down for a re-mortgage application so have to crack on now . The cellar was a 6 foot deep swamp but "fortunately" the walls were crumbling so I dug it a tad deeper with a lot of temporary concrete and steel support. To clay it is 14 foot so will end up with about 12 foot actual with all the building regs stuff. However last time I got properly stuck in down there I was a fit 40 year old....now at 50 it is going to be a struggle.

Sounds fun you in the south? I'm doing a newbild next. If financed

Loving the banter guys but I feel my thread has swerved away from its graphic intent. If your going to post about big toys in the tool gallery can we at least have some pics. Love heavy machinery and metal lathes for that matter not that I have had chance to use either. I guess my original intent was for a light hearted thread with images of our hard working favourite or prized tools used in our day to day trade. When its not the early hours of the morning im going to post my E.D.C thats my every day carry the small selection of tools that dont go back in my tool bag but stay permanently in my snickers pockets.

Loving the banter guys but I feel my thread has swerved away from its graphic intent. If your going to post about big toys in the tool gallery can we at least have some pics. Love heavy machinery and metal lathes for that matter not that I have had chance to use either. I guess my original intent was for a light hearted thread with images of our hard working favourite or prized tools used in our day to day trade. When its not the early hours of the morning im going to post my E.D.C thats my every day carry the small selection of tools that dont go back in my tool bag but stay permanently in my snickers pockets.

Tool **** to follow

nadujyry.jpg

Flood light, normal head torch, helmet mounted torch, 180ln hand torch.

Hate corded lights or not being able to see. Had one for m18 batteries but it took a tumble down a backdrop .

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
  • Question
Unsure if any of you are aware of this, but I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re: Its TOOL FAIR time again (Coventry) and...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back