under sized boiler ??? | Boilers | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss under sized boiler ??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you condescending old git!

Go and learn how the remote control for your video recorder works!

:83:

Can't do it Nosrtrum too complex let the Grand-kids sort it.... hey and not so much of the condescending, don't mind the old git that's spot on...

Haven't seen one for years but I would bet a lot of money there a load still going in India at lot when out there in the 60s, a real engineering job. I worked as Area Manager for Selectos for 3 year went over to Dublin to service potato crisp oil heaters they were the size of a London bus, we would fire it from one end and the flame would be about 2ft in dia and 12-15ft long oil only in Dublin there was no gas then.... lads don't know there born, used a fork lift truck to take the burner off it was that heavy.

Still a few rotary cups going at sea, last ship i was on had 2 down firing running on 360cst fuel, the ignitors used 4.5 gal nozzles to get the things going., they were a major pain for the cups getting clagged up with crud especialy if they were firing for a prolonged period (i.e when you most needed them). I also sailed on a ship with the same burners but firing from the bottom, never had any issues so can only put it down to the extra heat they were exposed to.

Still a few rotary cups going at sea, last ship i was on had 2 down firing running on 360cst fuel, the ignitors used 4.5 gal nozzles to get the things going., they were a major pain for the cups getting clagged up with crud especialy if they were firing for a prolonged period (i.e when you most needed them). I also sailed on a ship with the same burners but firing from the bottom, never had any issues so can only put it down to the extra heat they were exposed to.

Jolly Roger,

I went across to France on the ferry and it was a hell of a rough crossing, I told one of the Old Hamworthy lads, he said how long was the crossing, I said about 2 hours, he said " I have been longer on one wave" sure you know what he meant Rog. I worked on Stone Vapour boiler as well, bet you have, at least you know what a big boiler looks like Roger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the world coming to?

7:1, 10:1 ratio boilers - to much work, to many headaches.

Lock me in a plant room with a 30 > 40 year old boiler that hasn't been serviced in a while.

I know what I would prefer.

Lock me in a plant room with a 30 > 40 year old boiler that hasn't been serviced in a while.

And I will be with you to hold your coat and pass you the spanners, nice one Oz, will there be a light for us to see, don't forget the Swarfega

Just googled Swarfega.... interesting.

I prefer working on old boilers.. solo...

No offence... hand cleaner not required, coat holding not required, I can handle my own spanners.

Thanks !!!!!

It's called progression, without it we would all still be living in caves.

If you're luck enough to find one - premium real estate!!

Most of us over here live in hollowed out logs - bit like an upturned canoe.

Just googled Swarfega.... interesting.

I prefer working on old boilers.. solo...

No offence... hand cleaner not required, coat holding not required, I can handle my own spanners.

Thanks !!!!!

I was trying to be slightly ...... silly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

For most manufacturers there won't be any...
Replies
Views
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
Try heatengineer.com. Alternatively there are...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Back