Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your fitter is rough! The flue retaing clip isn't on correctly! The black stud in the Center should project through the Center of the white horse shoe! If you can dislodge the horseshoe easily with your hand you are should switch off the appliance and wait for your fitter to fix it.

Is behind the white rubber against the wall filled with cement or plaster?

Ideal give 7 years with logic to accredited installers.

I would rather a logic as vogue not proven and has already had a few hardware updates.... No one wants a duo tec 2!

Your fitter is rough! The flue retaing clip isn't on correctly! The black stud in the Center should project through the Center of the white horse shoe! If you can dislodge the horseshoe easily with your hand you are should switch off the appliance and wait for your fitter to fix it.

Is behind the white rubber against the wall filled with cement or plaster?

Ideal give 7 years with logic to accredited installers.

I would rather a logic as vogue not proven and has already had a few hardware updates.... No one wants a duo tec 2!

Its plaster then brick work! You were right about the flue retaining clip - it was on, but could easily be removed. I've noticed that it's not straight !!!

Well ... I've already agreed the Vogue ... so fingers crossed its okay .... these hardware updates .... do they have to be done by a qualified fitter, or is that something I can do?

There appears to be a check valve only on the ch return filling loop point. Not complying with water regs

There appears to be a check valve only on the ch return filling loop point. Not complying with water regs

Just to say that they have't finished commissioning the boiler anyway so perhaps this was to be added later? Can you be more specific where this valve should be as I guess they should add one for the new boiler? I'm a novice after all!

Thanks!

Check valve is built into the filling loop assembly as supplied by ideal and meets all water regs.

Vogue updates either done in factory or by ideal once registered. Free of charge!

Get Flue clip sorted and turn boiler off until its safe!

It's illegal to leave un commissioned gas appliance connected to gas supply!

Hey Zebedy, boiler was off and unconnected. The sparky is doing all the electrics now.

So he has found an Ideal Vogue (which was ruddy hard) as they seem in hard demand and Ideal don't like to ship them out via courier as they are getting damaged. It arrives tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are some pics from behind the boiler showing the bracket and the flue (I guess the same flue will work on the Vogue) and the pipework too.

IMAG2686_zps0b68ddb2.jpg

IMAG2685_zpsf0062c94.jpg

Yeh vogue and logic same flue system. Pipe work same at bottom I think.

The daylight coming through behind the bracket is a bit of a problem though. Wall should be made good inside and out. Not permitted to have a vent or penetration within 300mm of a flue.

Get the holes filled then get your self a free gas safe inspection because your fitter is a !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never swapped logic + for a vogue but think vogue is longer is taller from top to bottom. And gas might be 22mm from memory?

Let's hope the gas supply isn't live back to the meter

No one would disregard GSIUR to that extent! Sure meter is capped and temporary cross bonding in place

Zebedy, i think your being a little critical of the engineer, let him finish the job before you rip it to shreds, yes it looks rough but he might be fairly new to the game and its not finished yet

Hopefully there is a gsr and it's not the op chancing his arm with us.

Not easy to tell but I'm watching this one see how it pans out!

Zebedy, i think your being a little critical of the engineer, let him finish the job before you rip it to shreds, yes it looks rough but he might be fairly new to the game and its not finished yet

In other words , zebedy. Wind your neck in!

It is quite rough though. Is it one if AP,s jobs?

Ok so how was the installer going to make good the old flue hole behind the boiler after he hung it? Make the external opening so huge he could get access? Or just crumple up template and shove in..... Ideal templates are card so it's much harder than with a Baxi.

Why was the reskim not done before hanging the boiler? It'll never be done now and it'll always look poor. Will painting the pipes add more strength to the runs, negating the use of clips, could be one excuse for not using even one! That much burn for what looks like a pressure relief is poor newbie or not.

Reskim the customers project management but rest down to mate safe combi cowboy! Some one else did pipe work? Perhaps Ray Charles is back in the game?

This old boy never getting paid custurd got that much ammo on him thanks to a pack of arm chair critiques....

Check valve is built into the filling loop assembly as supplied by ideal and meets all water regs.

Vogue updates either done in factory or by ideal once registered. Free of charge!

Get Flue clip sorted and turn boiler off until its safe!

It's illegal to leave un commissioned gas appliance connected to gas supply!

So why is there a check valve on CH side ? Do they fit two ? One on cold feed side as well ?

It's fitted incorrectly! Check should be on DCW. And ball valve on return. Obviously a competent and well read installer. The system will never fill with valves in that configuration. More detailed review of components and mfr instructions in future! The valves have arrows on them to aid install. Probably just going to use ex filling loop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
R
No worries Ray, you win some you lose some, to...
Replies
Views
Back