Vaillant Pro28 R1 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Pro28 R1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a neighbour with one of these who's having a few issues. 7-8 years old, never been serviced. Prv was passing on it and it was rattling I was told. Sure enough prv was passing and the pump sounded like a bearing was shot. Looking at it, needing a prv, pump and a burner gasket for servicing I said he'd be better getting a fixed price repair from Vaillant, however he thinks he's doing me a favour giving me the business!! Another problem he was having was the hot water running hot and cold, when i first went for a look the burner would go on full, modulate down then back to full and so on. Also when it was manually put to full burner it ramped it to temp then the burner went off. I put this down to the faulty pump.

New pump and prv fitted, heat exchanger/burner/probes etc cleaned and new gasket fitted. Ran the purge mode and fired the boiler, same problem seems to be happening at the boiler to me, my neighbour seems to think its better. On HW the burner goes on max until about 80* then on to low burner til about 70*, this continues. Stick it on full burner for testing and it cuts out again. On heating it just ran high then mid/low until temp was reached.

FGA readings were fine when the boiler was running, however couldn't really test on max as it wouldn't stay on full burner long enough, but no alarming reading when it was running high/low. Inlets ok.

Im thinking a blockage somewhere in the boiler, although the pump and housing weren't really dirty when i took them out, the prv had some grit in it but nothing major.

Anything common problems on these? Or is it worth stripping it down to check for a blockage, this model still has the old rubber hoses on the flow and return, probably should or recommended changing them (and the pressure sensor) but thought it was already costing enough!!

Diverter is a little noisier than normal but seems to be working

Last edited:
could be partialy blocked plate heat exch . the canoe filter can block on these its in the end of that flexible pipe . check thermistors and flow and rtn temps

Should of said, ntc's had ok readings. Remember reading something about the filter before, is it in the pipe coming from the main hex? Easy to get to?

from the brass block left hand side at the end of the flexi . take plate out and clean aswell

If it's 7/8 years old you may struggle to get it out in one peace as the have a habit of braking up when trying to remove (sometimes removing the pressure sensor helps you get a small screwdriver in to try ease it out) also at that age it's going to have the short black rubber hoses fitted and they always block or leak or both and should be replaced, either with vaillants very expensive telescopic one or just order the rubber hose from the ecomax range

Squeeze the black hoses, if they are solid then that's the problem. Always block up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Time and make a note of how long the boiler is...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back