Van for agency work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Van for agency work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

C

combo

Would a hire van with signage on, Arnold clark etc be suitable for agency work. The job postings say plain van but I'm not sure how strict that is.

Some companies don't like subbies vans to have any signage.Contracts sometimes state that no subcontracters should be used but companies still use them so want the vans left plain

cheers,
I'm surprised how difficult it is to hire a completely clean van, the only ones are local companies that cost a bomb.

Have you thought about leasing? When I was subbing I used a clean but very used vauxhall at least that way I didn't worry if something went wrong work wise I didn't have to pay for a van I wasn't using

I'm only just getting back into trade and trying to do it without spending too much, otherwise I'd just buy a new van ( my current one has had a hard life, to say the least ). I've been warned that agencies are unreliable, so I'm reluctant to commit too much at the min...i'll look into leasing tho.

Recently been offered oil servicing on agency
15 quid each one and you have to provide materials.

i asked about oil filters, nozzles and such.

they said they arnt service items.

poor customers

Instead of using agencies,try some of the large HA contractors a lot of them don't advertise for subbies but do use them and you receive more money as you don't have agency taking a cut

haha, I can imagine what some of those words might be.
The sheer number of agencies around these days is unbelievable, they must suck some money out of industry. I worked for one, labouring last year, I was on 8 quid an hour, the agency charged the company 21 quid, 50 odd lads on site, thats a lot of money going into the agency owners bank account, money that doesn't manufacture or produce anything...what a waste. Why can't companies just hire direct

By Plain van I would assume they mean no Plumbing etc, company names.

Most companies end up with short term hired vans for various reasons.

If I was a customer I'd assume a completely plain van was a subby as most hired vehicles are lettered.

Northgate. Rolling monthly van hire , no tie in cheep as owt. Deliver anywhere. No signage either. Lee 07977 258330 they do the big boys 9000 vans or something like that.

Had my lease van re newed , got it ply lined & signed , looks good , ordered dead locks, the day they turned up
i was broke into ( hackney ) , nothing in there , gutted , as it's my 7th time now ,, need to leave a staving pit bull in
The back ,

poor customers

That sounds like the company I work for. 1 bloke can do an oil service in 20 minutes! I'm impressed as they usually take me 2 hours but I'm apparently slow at oil services.

That sounds like the company I work for. 1 bloke can do an oil service in 20 minutes! I'm impressed as they usually take me 2 hours but I'm apparently slow at oil services.

I'll do a full service in an hour, im better at oil than anything else tbh.

As its open forum i won't go into it but i do the lot :)

poor customers

15 an oil service? JC. Do they realise its more than just stick the analyser in.

I'll do a full service in an hour, im better at oil than anything else tbh.

As its open forum i won't go into it but i do the lot :)

I best speed myself up it takes me about 1 1/2 hours on the boiler then on to the rest. I don't do a huge amount at the moment so that's probably why.

Had my lease van re newed , got it ply lined & signed , looks good , ordered dead locks, the day they turned up
i was broke into ( hackney ) , nothing in there , gutted , as it's my 7th time now ,, need to leave a staving pit bull in
The back ,

Broken into 7 times! Omg that must be a record!? I would have given up on plumbing lol, have the deadlocks dettered them?

Similar plumbing topics

Put your foot down on costs with your fiancée-...
Replies
Views
B
The organisation you're doing the NVQ with...
Replies
Views
What about a side-car van?
Replies
Views
Contact the op if you can help
Replies
Views
Thanks for this summary advice ... I have...
Replies
Views
Back