Vibrating central heating pipes | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vibrating central heating pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I've just replaced a radiator after draining down system. The system has had a bit of a hum for a while but is know vibrating really bad enough for us to worry about the neighbours.
I've just put in another dose of calmag which has improved it (2 litres in total) but I can't leave the speed on 2 as its too noisy, even 3 is better, it's on 1 at the moment
The pump is a wilo. I used to have an old 2nd hand grunfoss that gave me no trouble but the gas engineer changed it when I had the boiler changed about 10 years ago
My question is would a change of pump resolve the problem

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks for quick reply. I've done all the usual bleeding, rads all hot to the top and 2 air eliminators in airing cupboard doing their job. It's an open vent system with 2 zone valves (ch/hw). The pump doesn't seem to be sucking air.
I'm tempted to change the pump but reluctant in case I'm wrong

It depends on what is causing the vibration.
Do you have TRV's (Thermostatic Radiator Valves) and if so are they on the correct side?
I know some are bi-directional, just an initial thought!

Back