Vokera Boilers | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vokera Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah easy tiger what you shouting at me for.
Just because i have an opinion. i come on this forum to discuss not to be shouted at just because you don't agree with what i say. I repair more vokera boilers so imho that's means they are naff. like in the words of harry callaghan opinions are like bums, everybody has one. (lighten up dude)

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah easy tiger what you shouting at me for.
Just because i have an opinion. i come on this forum to discuss not to be shouted at just because you don't agree with what i say. I repair more vokera boilers so imho that's means they are naff. like in the words of harry callaghan opinions are like bums, everybody has one. (lighten up dude)

sorry wasnt havimh a go may come across this way sometimes this is just the way i am ... i like them doesnt mean every one will just cant understand why everyone in here has bad things to say about them thats all

people wouldn't slate them if they didn't have bad experience's with them. i service and repair plenty of different makes of boiler. but vokera's i have to repair the most and they are not the most popular boiler sold boiler in my area. therefore they don't get my vote. Also from my experience 8 out 10 call vokera tech support are answered by rude and abrupt tech support guys. from my experience they are the worst tech support guys ever.

also vokera tech support are the only ones who have ever cut me off whilst trying to diagnose a fault and the only ones where i have had to wait more than 10 mins in winter( the longest was 45 mins)

We just fitted a Volkera Compact a 25kw and I really enjoyed fitting and commissioning it. Really easy to work on. The flue system on is spot on. However I think this one missed the pre delivery inspection as the gas valve was a mile off and the expansion vessel was at 0 bar not a problem as its part of the commissioning procedure.

Only problem I found was the fan on it was quite loud.
To me all boilers can develop faults and do even the valiant and the worcester.

In my opinion, in the short term they are reasonable boilers, but as they reach the 6, 7, 8 year old mark they start giving problems. They have not got the quality of Worcester for example. I have been to more vokeras for breakdown/repairs (other than freezing condensates) over the winter period than any other make, but they are far from the most popular boiler I see on day to day service visits in my area.

We just fitted a Volkera Compact a 25kw and I really enjoyed fitting and commissioning it. Really easy to work on. The flue system on is spot on. However I think this one missed the pre delivery inspection as the gas valve was a mile off and the expansion vessel was at 0 bar not a problem as its part of the commissioning procedure.

fitting flue and the ease of fitting the boiler is a lt easier than most

I have had the same problem in the past (the hot water going hot then cold then hot again) with my Vokera boiler caused by black metal oxide from the radiators slowly clogging up the hot water heat exchanger. By back flushing and using a descaler I have managed to clean up the old unit and by fitted a magnaclean I have managed to remove quite a lot of the black sludge from the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vokera are ok. I have installed many with very little problems. Choosing the right one though is important. Defo stay away from the compact. Its rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
if the boiler can be proved to have never been...
Replies
Views
Anyone interested in this job please pm the op...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
that is a posibility i hadnt considered but...
Replies
Views
Back