Water Pump Issue | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Pump Issue in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello i have recently installed a water pump in my house and have an issue some very strange noise you can hear in the video Below from 1:20 minute .
This happens randombly actually not sure what causes but as example you can run the shower in a first minute is nothing and after some time this strange sound starts when you switch off pump it goes off ,and the noise is not pump from the pump itself. also often happens if you run water and then close pump switches off and then this noise kicks in . its seems to be coming from the pipes or somewhere in the bathroom floors starts vibrating . Below i will show how pump is connected and video its self . If anyone can help me to identify what is causing this noise . Pump is new and working as it should both on cold and hot water .
Untitled-1.jpg

so replace air with a vacuum LOL not a good idea. You don't have enough water through the cold side (you said it was cold side right!) so you create an operational work around (only use the pump in isolation) or you find a permanent solution. I hate this man but it does show what is needed

if he puts a nrv on the vent yes it’s a bomb
LOL

Domestic hot water . i dont have that i boost the whole system not only shower taps and toilets ect
so ALL cold water feed comes from the tank? So no cold water pipes come off the rising main (into the tank)? If this is the case, then you don't have mains pressure from the header tank at all but you have mains pressure from the hot water tank so there is an immediate imbalance between the 2. Who told you to use that set-up?

so ALL cold water feed comes from the tank? So no cold water pipes come off the rising main (into the tank)? If this is the case, then you don't have mains pressure from the header tank at all but you have mains pressure from the hot water tank so there is an immediate imbalance between the 2. Who told you to use that set-up?
attic tank was feeding both hot water tank and all taps and showers before i installed pump . now attic tank feed hot water tank and pump witch boost attic pressure. its exactly how in this video its just that pump not only for the shower but for all other taps

Can you post a pic of the piping / cylinder cupboard

new shower cabin with a jets ect and had not enough pressure but was easier and seemed to be more practical to boost whole system then just shower alone
pressure and flow are not one and the same thing. You can have low pressure and high flow and low flow and high pressure. You have a flow issue right now with the cold water. An increase in pipe diam from the vented, unpressuried tank in the loft to the pump inlet would help. The pump won't be able to physically put more water through but a larger diam pipe reduced into the pump will aid both volume (flow) and add some pressure (force)

pressure and flow are not one and the same thing. You can have low pressure and high flow and low flow and high pressure. You have a flow issue right now with the cold water. An increase in pipe diam from the vented, unpressuried tank in the loft to the pump inlet would help. The pump won't be able to physically put more water through but a larger diam pipe reduced into the pump will aid both volume (flow) and add some pressure (force)
i am currently have 3/4 pipe feeding pump both cold and hot so you are saying to reduce to 1/2 to ?

I was suggesting more like 22 or 28mm into the pump. You really should be doing these as formal mathematical calculations or its just going to be a guess. Start with gathering the data so get a pressure gauge. You need to know what flow/pressure comes into the house (potential to upgrade mains in?) then pressure/flow at different points in the house (this can also give indications as to restrictions and blockages that would otherwise remain unknown) then repeat the tests with other taps/baths/dishwashers/toilets running. Static pressure and initial flow is only one small part, you need to test real world application design

22mm is more than good enough for a domestic pump

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All helpful possibilities cheers, I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Simon has hinted, this should be done by...
Replies
Views
Back