What boilers do you fit? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What boilers do you fit? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Im a big fan of vaillant boilers and in my opinion they are the best on the market but they are pricey. I always try to get the customer to go with one of these but give them the option of a cheaper boiler at the same time.

Last one I did was a biasi boiler compared to a vaillant, they went with the cheaper biasi.

Cost me £530 plus vat inc flue kit.

Anyway what I wanted to know is what boilers do people rate around this kind of price range.

The next quote I am doing is a system boiler for a combi in a 2 bed flat. I realise I dont need a 30kw boiler but I am worried if I drop any lower the flow rate on the hw will be poor.

I agree on Vaillants, couldn't fit a Biasi my conscience wouldn't let me. I dont have any problems when fitting a 24kw combi as the new condensers seem to be better on hot water. And you can run a slightly smaller gas pipe.

The new potterton titanium, five year warranty. £804 inc vat flue and clock.

Ill get a quote on that tomorrow then from my local merchants, I have to say all the newer pottertons I have come across aren't great but I spose its got a 5 year guarantee

For me there a good budget boiler, same as the baxi duo tec. Much better than the Biasi,s, ferolli,s etc.

On a budget i'd fit a Main combi 25 eco. £618 inc vat with a horizontal flue but no clock, I fit a siemens wireless prog stat for £50.

Only two year guarantee though. Won't fit wireless room stats, most people just can't work them and I hate call backs just to show them how to work things.

Think the vaillants only have 2 or 3 year guarantee though unless you do thier training course. Sounds a bit stupid when you recomend a more expensive boiler over a cheaper one and the waranty is 2 years shorter

I guess the warranty is the trade off. I find I the only people who ever take me up on my budget option are landlords and they seem to prefer a smaller outlay and take their chances that they wont need a long warranty.
Fine by me, I give 3 options of boiler spanning the price range and explain fully all the pros and cons.

I never have problems with the siemens stat but I wouldn't fit one for an elderly person or someone who seems a bit hard of thinking. I just tailor my offerings to the customer.

biasi activia 30c, 5 yr warranty, £655 inc vat, comes with flue kit and programmer. That will be my budget option, want to say vaillant ecotech plus 831 combi as the top of the range and recomended but with only a 2 year guarantee sounds a bit stupid.

Speak to your local rep, one day training and then five year guarantee and a bonus point scheme. But I agree, why on earth do you have to do a course to get a decent guarantee on a market leading boiler when just about everyone has one.

i too was tempted by the 5 yr warranty of the cheap as chips biasi system boiler had to go back 13 months later for service looked like someone had sprayed rust coloured paint around, wont use them again! i just dont think vaillant can be beaten on quality, maybe their reasoning behind the 2 yr guarantee is to do with the plate exchanger and being realistic

I try and recommend Vaillant with a 5 year warranty (Ive done the one day course) or the Ideal Logic+ Combis which now have a 7 year warranty.

What ever the customer wants & can afford give them the choice ! and let them decide .

i too was tempted by the 5 yr warranty of the cheap as chips biasi system boiler had to go back 13 months later for service looked like someone had sprayed rust coloured paint around, wont use them again! i just dont think vaillant can be beaten on quality, maybe their reasoning behind the 2 yr guarantee is to do with the plate exchanger and being realistic

can you explain what had happened to this boiler to look like that?

There are rumblings of problems in the Ideal Logic camp. Something wrong with the heat exchangers.

Not heard anything about the heat exchangers. I have heard that the water flow switches/ turbines fail.

I've only fitted a few but i've had no problems, decent boilers I found.

Glow worm betacom 24/28a
Get them chea now the betacom2 is out
Never had a problem wi them and built in time clock. Looks neat and tidy on the wall

I like to fit Worcesters, but if the customer if on a budget I fit the glowworm betacom.

ideal logic + 7 year warranty flying out the door with that warranty and cheap option the new ferrroli modena 5 year warranty, and before everyone starts slating ferroli as shiite its not a bad boiler totally redesigned twin pass heater exchanger stainless steel and only 4 moving parts 30 kw £538 +vat with flue and clock at my merchants.

remember everyone slated ideal after after the isar but they up'd their game with the logic i think ferroli have done the same but like everything in life time will tell. worth a punt i think though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Could be the AAV inside the boiler leaking...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back