what gets your goat....???? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what gets your goat....???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the love slave TXT`S and says he/she isnt coming in today and you ring straight back and there phones off, i always follow with a reply text ok nice knowing you good luck.

what i really dont understand though is chinese ,

That man's heading for a breakdown

Going to fix a leak under a sink and they know you'e coming yet don't clear out rubbish
Or leave urines and pubes around the w/c, again, when they know you're coming. Have some shame, man/*woman.

Give me the former over the latter anytime.
*Me being PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
going in a tenants homes fixing there boilers and coming out full of flea bites :thumbs_down:

Different staff at the merchants charging different prices for the same thing within a few days of buying them.

Customers' "helpful" comments before I've finished a particular part of the job (e.g. tile not straight before I've finished setting it or slightly crooked pipes before I've soldered).

Customers insisting I stay and work clean and tidily then sweep up without moving or closing my toolbox.

Customers who see me arrive then spend 2-3 minutes answering the door.

Customers borrowing my tools then not putting them back when they've finished with them.

Customers who ask how much the bill is before I've finished working or who insist on chatting for 1/2 hour after paying.

I feel there's a theme building here ...

Customers borrowing my tools then not putting them back when they've finished with them.

It irks me that customers ask me in the first place. They're not communal tools, they're mine and they're not for hire.

What about when you just start a job in an old birds bathroom and 5 minutes into the job she needs to use the bathroom so you pop to the van and when you get back in there the bottom of the pan looks like the starting grid at Silverstone and you have to break your own nose with the lump hammer just so you can finish the job cos of the stench!

What about when you just start a job in an old birds bathroom and 5 minutes into the job she needs to use the bathroom so you pop to the van and when you get back in there the bottom of the pan looks like the starting grid at Silverstone and you have to break your own nose with the lump hammer just so you can finish the job cos of the stench!

Reminds me of the house i was working in not long back, woman in her 40's sitting with the door wide open cracking a jobbie out never seen anything like it in my life, she knew we were there but continued haha

curious jane that hangs over your shoulder and asks about everything your doing and why

the flippn 'know it all relative' who just happens to have popped around for coffee!!

The one who can't speak English!

Custards who leave you alone with their humpin dog!!!

.....................!

funny that how the know it all brother or whatever pops around for a cuppa while your there:p

That awkward moment when your talking to a customer and a small bit of spit flys out of their mouth and lands on your face.

Had this happen yesterday it landing right on my lip - didn't know weather to wipe it off or just lick it off

Villa_tom that is ef in hilarious ... ROFLMAO

It was rank at the time, was a really old lady and I was trying to explain to her how her room stat worked. I was stood there talking to her with her spit on my lip for ages. In the end I dropped my phone on the fllor on purpose and wiped it on my sleeve whilst she wasn't looking. I think she noticed that she had done it and I didn't want to offend her by wiping it off infront of her.

I think I am going to go to work in a scream style mask from now on, just for protection from random spit missile attacks from customers

I would of charged her for it lol:reddevil:

I think your on to a winner there mate. Tom the Kinky Gasman!!! I like it. £45 a boiler service and £5 per spit! I might just go and make some alterations to my work trousers, put loads of cooker chains on them and invest in a snooker ball to stick in my mouth. That would be a good first impression when they answer the door

when the phone rings and i am having a dump or eating my dinner..........or both.lol.

i hate cheap fittings and cheap customers.
if i have one of those custards who likes to stand over me and watch everything, i will wherever possible invent a job for him/her in another room. 'can you just stand in the loft and shout me if......' while i change a tap washer!!

if i can't think of anything plausible i just make sure my body obscures exactly what it is i am doing from his line of sight! then he can't do it himself next time!!

KJ

it gets my goat when they went to know the little tricks we have for doing things so they can do it themselves next time.

custards who say i know what the problem is but i can't be bothered to do it and they have bought the part that they think is broken when in fact it is something entirely different that has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Has s/he confirmed that there can be no...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Back