What is the best make of boiler Worcester?, Vaillant, Alpha. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the best make of boiler Worcester?, Vaillant, Alpha. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNewBoilerCo

I am trying to gather opinions about what is the best type of boiler. Some hardened experienced plumbers suggest Worcester being the benchmark however since the release of the new HE Range of boiler can the same still be said of Worcester Bosch. Reliability is a huge consideration when buying a new boiler. do you think that Worcester can still claim that top slot for reliability verses cost.

What are your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
BAXI, valiant,remaha IMHO to many problems with Worcesters plastic components ,difficulty in changeing some parts and the red burner gasket which can fail cremating the custards house

worcesters fall apart in first 5 years , seem to keep coming across same fault with them either prv or expansion vessel .

BAXI, valiant,remaha IMHO to many problems with Worcesters plastic components ,difficulty in changeing some parts and the red burner gasket which can fail cremating the custards house

Personally I love Worcesters do a definitive answer on here is looking slim ; )

haha ideal not very ideal at all .. biasi haaaaaa deery deery me ideals with the big glass front death trap .... its vailant all the way my friend last for ages my first vilaint was 15 years ago and i service it every year yet to find any faults my friend

haha ideal not very ideal at all .. biasi haaaaaa deery deery me ideals with the big glass front death trap .... its vailant all the way my friend last for ages my first vilaint was 15 years ago and i service it every year yet to find any faults my friend

Fitted many with the rubber hose inside and 2 jubilee clips? Quality engineering for your money ; )

How about the newer Vaillants with the shockingly danegrous burner door seal, the same one with a poorly made flue collector which like to crack for fun or if it hasnt cracked the seal where it joins the heat exchanger leaks. Its great fun to sort out aswell having to take the heat exchanger out.

I like the Vaillant the best but they are pricey. The lastest which report put Vaillant in top spot for reliability and customer satisfaction. In fact they tested the appliances SEDBUK ratings and found only the Vaillant to be band A, I think one baxi was too but the Worcesters were band b in those tests. I suppose it's the equivelant of motor manufaturers mpg claims. The Alph is a good boiler too but I say the Vaillant edges it because these boilers are by far the easiest to work on, and have a build quality second to none . I mean compare a Worcester junior to an ecotech pro. Same price difference is incredible, in Vaillants favour. The Worcester doesn't even have a hot water temp control on the front.

771116-Black-right-256.jpgLamborgini.

(Made by Ferroli).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back