What makes a great boiler? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What makes a great boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Interesting how not ONE person has mentioned so called efficiency :)

My personal opinion is I dont believe the rubbish of how efficient they all are. So many times I've been moaned at because the likes of bg promised huge savings on gas and it just hasn't happened.

I also think that the lack of reliability cancels out any efficiency savings.

Honestly give me a ideal Mexico or classic over any new boiler any day.

Yes we have got to think about our environment but shipping poor quality items (I'm not just talking about boilers but everything) from around the globe and brand them as efficient or green is extremely hypocritical. I believe the windmills around me all the parts are made in different parts of the world shipped to this country built hundreds of miles away then transported by diesel truck with diesel convoys then put up using diesel cranes by companies that are hundreds of miles away and they have a life span of 25 years then they have the cheek to say its green energy! I'm not buying into that at all.

Might be a little un PC, but I don’t give a sh**t about efficiency because I’m not paying the gas bill, long as it says A rated. (Efficient) Like folk said...back boiler 30 years, 3 thermocouples...Combi a problematic money pit! But I love boilers breaking down if I’m honest, so any manufacturers listening? Nice easy common faults are always welcome ;)

Hey Chris I am trying to,build up,a history of Archie Kidd
so any info is good to have.

maybe paper work , user info etc

I have met the Family when we were trading in Wiltshire , ace
boilers designed by an absolute
expert

Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
@Ric2013 your comments about PP and CP are...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Err, yes. That was a good typo, wasn't it. I...
Replies
Views
Back