what would you recommend | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what would you recommend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130731_190617.jpg

Well, the shower screen was too big. So I just cut 10mm of top and bottom rail and hey presto. It's snug like a bug now. Quite a mission to move around on your own those shower trays are. Was surprised I didnt shatter it after hearing the stories on here

Do behind the channels when you put em in in white put screen in drill it all in place run the white round inside then do all the outside in clear

Just wondering if anyone has any good for ways to shorten the silver rings that cover th pipe holes on the shower valve. I left it all connected for tiler so he could see my distances. He removed it and put it together without them coverings and so now the pipes way too short

Just wondering if anyone has any good for ways to shorten the silver rings that cover th pipe holes on the shower valve. I left it all connected for tiler so he could see my distances. He removed it and put it together without them coverings and so now the pipes way too short

Surely someone has had to do this before!!?

I guess for this reason, it is good if you can do all the stuff involved. Not just the plumbing. There wouldn't be half the issues there is when all different trades on 1 job

Its this one..its an external bar one with 3/4 connectors. I didn't really want to have to buy anything. Losing cash on this job. Sometimes though, when it has been going on and you just want to get it finished, I don't care what it costs. I just want it finished

Mutley could you wind a tap extension into the back plate so brings your offset its out a bit further, or havr you thrown them out and used a fixing kit

Now that is an option. Use an 1/2 inch male to 1/2 inch female behind offset parts. Then I would never know if it were to leak or not as it will be concealed

Now that is an option. Use an 1/2 inch male to 1/2 inch female behind offset parts. Then I would never know if it were to leak or not as it will be concealed

Wind em in then offsets put 3/4 blank caps on test then put bar shower on

I find it easier to use the fixing kits instead of those annoying angle things set pipes level at 150mm centers done a LOT easier imho

Is that the metal bar kit? I hate those offset things also. Prefer the ons with compression on end of valves. Then you can leave as long as you like and cut to length

20130730_140615.jpg

Does anyone know what fitting I need to go into this? I have tried 2inch pipe. 2inch rubber boss things. 2 inch reducers. But nothing fits. It came with a rubber reducer but I threw it away. Think it's from wickes

Not a straight bar two round backplates with olive inside , goggle bristan fixing kit

A tenner less the cost of 2 wallplate elbows and a lot of fkn around :smile:
On stud walls i drill 2 16mm holes @150mm centres through a dwang (noggin) Gives you something solid to screw into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Could be worse, you could have paid an idiot...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the party on this one:p:p
Replies
Views
doesnt matter needs to be done correctly end...
Replies
Views
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Back