What ya all drinkin.... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Guest123
  • Start date
  • Replies 114
  • Views 1K

Discuss What ya all drinkin.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a good thread, sounds like I missed a good un last night.

Starting with how to spell it.....it's whisky mate if it's from Scotland! What's your favourite tipple, seeing as it's my round.

Shows how much I know lol I'm mainly a lager man but as I'm maturing I'd love to be able to sit and enjoy a bottle of whisky like all the older lot but I want one that actually tastes nice and don't make me shiver when I drink it!!

Shows how much I know lol I'm mainly a lager man but as I'm maturing I'd love to be able to sit and enjoy a bottle of whisky like all the older lot but I want one that actually tastes nice and don't make me shiver when I drink it!!

Don't buy a cheap blend. Go for a nice single malt, I'd suggest trying a glenngoyne 10 year old if you can find one.

Stick a post up and I'm sure the collective wisdom will give you some pointers and recommendations.

What you mean by cheap blend? Forgive my ignorance mate but know sweet fa about whisky

When whiskey is made a single malt whiskey is produced. If you take one or more single malts and mix em together you get a blend. A blend could use one or two decent single malts and a lot of cheaper nastier ones to produce an ok drink (a blended malt whisky). This is done to produce a cheaper bottle of whisky and therefore maximise profit.

I prefer to go for single malts, however these command a premium price as they are more expensive to produce.

But also be aware that not all blends are horrible and nasty, or even cheap - e.g johnnie Walker.

Where a abouts are you?

A blend is a mixture of different whisky mate. A good malt is what you should try, expensive but well worth it.

Just out of interest, we have whisky up here, what is the national tipple for England? (apart from minging bitter). English cider is amazing if you can get your hands on the real stuff.

A blend is a mixture of different whisky mate. A good malt is what you should try, expensive but well worth it.

Just out of interest, we have whisky up here, what is the national tipple for England? (apart from minging bitter). English cider is amazing if you can get your hands on the real stuff.

Gin down south mate!

When whiskey is made a single malt whiskey is produced. If you take one or more single malts and mix em together you get a blend. A blend could use one or two decent single malts and a lot of cheaper nastier ones to produce an ok drink (a blended malt whisky). This is done to produce a cheaper bottle of whisky and therefore maximise profit.

I prefer to go for single malts, however these command a premium price as they are more expensive to produce.

But also be aware that not all blends are horrible and nasty, or even cheap - e.g johnnie Walker.

Where a abouts are you?

Lovely thanks for that. Will have a sniff round. I'm in herts border of north London

Bitter is nasty! Don't think there's anything that is nationwide loved by akk, my grandad has a drop of grouse every night yet my missus grandad has a drop of gin every night, pretty much sums up the difference in England! Lol both builders aswell!!

When whiskey is made a single malt whiskey is produced.

Not quite true. A single malt is a whiskey distilled from one strain of malt barley of which there are many.
A blend uses several strains and is used to produce more complex favours.

The cheap ones are a bunch nasty whiskies that are mixed after distillation

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lovely thanks for that. Will have a sniff round. I'm in herts border of north London

I used to live in Herts, but now in West Sussex - if you were closer I'd meet you down the pub to educate you on whisky!

Have a look at the royal mile whiskies website for info, and get yourself up to Scotland and do a distillery tour. Remember to enjoy a good whisky and not just neck it like a shot!

Not quite true. A single malt is a whiskey distilled from one strain of malt barley of which there are many.
A blend uses several strains and is used to produce more complex favours.

The cheap ones are a bunch nasty whiskies that are mixed after distillation

You are of course correct, I was just tying to keep it simple!

Lee, if you fancy a visit up here, I'm sure that you'll go back home well educated!

And on the subject of cider. I'm trying a 6 pack of Strongbow's new pear cider. Aint half bad and not as sickly sweet as other pear ciders.

I remember having the most delicious pint of cider I've ever tasted in a pub down in Brighouse not too far from Leeds. Local cider makers and I'd love to have taken a keg or three back home.

I used to live in Herts, but now in West Sussex - if you were closer I'd meet you down the pub to educate you on whisky!

Have a look at the royal mile whiskies website for info, and get yourself up to Scotland and do a distillery tour. Remember to enjoy a good whisky and not just neck it like a shot!

That's the sort of education I love lol that's what I'm aiming fr mate something I can sit and sip at home just relaxing not down in one

I love pear cider and been meaning to try the strongbow one. Might have to get a case next week!

Lee, if you fancy a visit up here, I'm sure that you'll go back home well educated!

I'll pack my flexis now then col! Always fancied a bit of Scotland but got to be in winter so I can walk through the snow to a boozer with an open fire and have a nice whisky to warm me cockles! Heaven

That's the sort of education I love lol that's what I'm aiming fr mate something I can sit and sip at home just relaxing not down in one

I'd suggest finding a good local pub (not a bar), with a good range of whisky's and then start trying them - especially as winters on the way, can't beat a nice single malt in front of a fire when it's cold outside!

A distillery should give you a good basic knowledge of what your looking for in a whisky though and how best to enjoy it.

There's a pub near us with over 200 whiskies. Bloody dear though.

All this talk oh whisky, I've just poured one! Anyone else care to join me?!

Think I may very well have to. I've the Singleton of Dufftown just been opened. Anyone fancy a wee tot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That worked. The ballcock had already been...
Replies
Views
Ask the installer to get his supplier to...
Replies
Views
Back