which boilers are people fitting with 5 yr warranty | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss which boilers are people fitting with 5 yr warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
question for installers

since going self employed and leaving the local company i was working for that was fitting both worcester and vaillant boilers offering 5 year warranty, and after contacting both of these they cant offer me 5 year warranty as i wont be fitting the quantaties required, so looking for alternative boilers with 5 year warranty or advise on how to get exstended warrantys with the above companies

thanks guys

baxis platinum is standard 5 year warranty but it aint cheap

Dimplex, Viessmann, Remeha, Biasi, Alpha are offering 7yrs on thier CDS range, very expsive though

looking at viessmann, and looked at baxi aswell but fit alot of main combi's and really cant justify the price hike on the baxi for a very similar boiler! wont be going near biasi ever again!!!

any ideas on how to get the exstended warranty on worcesters?

looking at viessmann, and looked at baxi aswell but fit alot of main combi's and really cant justify the price hike on the baxi for a very similar boiler! wont be going near biasi ever again!!!

Could be wrong here but dont wB want you to fit min 50 a year to offer the 5yr garentee.

yea thats what they told me, i think i will do near enough half that but wont hit 50 thats for sure, i feel hard done by as i have pushed the hard sell for 4 years with my x company on these boilers and have fitted hundreds and now im on my own nothing :(

platinum/duotec totally different to mains internally,the main has a ally heat ex the baxi stainless

ideal and remeha ,
fit a worcester everyday on contract and hate them !!!!!!

We used to fit a lot of Alphas, were trying the Viessman's now!

Gaspastemania

I hear such good things about WB- why do you hate them? Is that to install?

ferroli optimax are cheap and cheerful with a 5 year warranty. ideal logic+ bit a more expensive. vissemann more expensive again.

have you spoken to your local worcester rep ? (area business manager as they re called now) sure if you mentioned he s gony be losing 25+ boilers , flues , time clocks / remote stats per year if they can t make you an accredited installer , he wouldn t be a very good abm if he knocks you back.

quality of the installer should determine wether you are accredited or not imo. proper flush , commission , electrical checks , good product knowledge etc to become accredited , save them on breakdowns and warranty repairs.

lamborgini calor have 7 years , available with fancy red , black or plain white casing , haven t seen a price for them though

I guy on a course was telling me sime(?) offer 10 years parts and labour of one of theirs. I didn't know otherwise but it seemed too good to be true.

they are not fun to fit and a nightmare to work on

I fitted probably 200 WB 28i,si etc on a council remod contract over 2 years, once youve done a few i quite liked them to fit,I like it how you can run the pipes behind without a standoff kit, I dont hate them but there are better boilers out there for the money in my opinion.

I guy on a course was telling me sime(?) offer 10 years parts and labour of one of theirs. I didn't know otherwise but it seemed too good to be true.

Sime do offer a 10 year warranty, which you will need as from experience they will be out every other week to it.

ferroli optimax are cheap and cheerful with a 5 year warranty. ideal logic+ bit a more expensive. vissemann more expensive again.

The Ferroli Optimax only has a 2 year free waranty, years 3,4 & 5 can be added if they are paid for additionally. One of my customers fell for that one last year. Also about as reliable as an Isar IMO. Awful boiler.

The Ferroli Optimax only has a 2 year free waranty, years 3,4 & 5 can be added if they are paid for additionally. One of my customers fell for that one last year. Also about as reliable as an Isar IMO. Awful boiler.

from the ferroli website ......................

Now with a five year guarantee
Six months after the launch we have sold many thousand Optimax HE boilers. Yes, you have reported that the Optimax HE is much easier to install. And yes, you have reported the Optimax HE is totally reliable. If a boiler is going to go wrong it is normally within the first six months, yet for the last six months our help lines have never been so quiet. We knew the Optimax HE would be ultra reliable and now we have proved it. So confident are we in the new Optimax HE that we have just introduced a full five year guarantee with all new Optimax HE models. Not just limited to certain parts. Not restricted to being serviced by a Ferroli engineer. We think it is the best guarantee on the market. It’s the icing on the cake.

[DLMURL="http://www.ferroli.co.uk/News/Article.php?id=2"]Ferroli[/DLMURL]

not sure when you installed it but they ve been offering the 5 yrs since last year. doubt they d be offering it if it was going to cost them fortunes with warranty call outs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted the Optimax last March noleaks, just under a year ago. The customers decided on it because it of the five year warranty but in the literature that came with the boiler it clearly states that the first two years are free & the following three years must be purchased from Ferroli.
Its a very misleading sales technique but reading between the lines on your quote from the website there is no mention of the entire warranty being free.

Oh, & on the subject of that particular boiler being reliable, it's had 2 new PCBs already so draw your own conclusions !

I have never fitted another Optimax, I only fitted that one as the customer wanted a boiler cheaper than the Vaillants I normally fit.

worcester are a nightmare to fit those stupid flues on the cdi range bensd is too close to the wall

To me every aspect about fitting a Worcester is ill thought out, from the flimsy plastic jig thingy with the toy spirit level to the 4 awkwardly positioned screws to take the front cover off.

could not agree more bert worcesters are hard work,fit/service a duotec and life is simple

The Ideal logic + has a 5 year warrenty and up till now have seen very little complaints about them. Also a doddle to fit and a reasonible price IMHO

Derry

I fitted the Optimax last March noleaks, just under a year ago. The customers decided on it because it of the five year warranty but in the literature that came with the boiler it clearly states that the first two years are free & the following three years must be purchased from Ferroli.
Its a very misleading sales technique but reading between the lines on your quote from the website there is no mention of the entire warranty being free.

Oh, & on the subject of that particular boiler being reliable, it's had 2 new PCBs already so draw your own conclusions !

I have never fitted another Optimax, I only fitted that one as the customer wanted a boiler cheaper than the Vaillants I normally fit.

they ve changed some components since last march bert. fitted an optimax 31c this week , replacement for an old wb 240 rsf .
the guarantee now is full 5 year parts and labour .
not saying i d fit one in my own house , but for contract jobs and landlords who hate spending , its an option.

ferrolli is defo a option at 5 yr peace of mind even though i think they are crap! i think wb are not to bad to fit to be honest! but have to agree case screws are sooooooo annoying, like duotec and main aswell but a bit heavy lol,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your replies guys,one selling point...
Replies
Views
Back