which boilers are people fitting with 5 yr warranty | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss which boilers are people fitting with 5 yr warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ideal logic + has a 5 year warrenty and up till now have seen very little complaints about them. Also a doddle to fit and a reasonible price IMHO

Derry

Agree with Derry, we fitted 16 last year with no probs so far!!

After all the problems with ideal I personal would never ever fit one of there boilers again. There support in the past was shocking.

depends on what cust wants, one with less moving parts, so less breakdowns, in or out of warrenty..all down to price but like intergas, price is good. fitted lots of baxi's, like em even more now cos they have cb that takes modulating controllers. fitted remehas in past...but now fully aware of their so called 5yr warrenty

my brother lives up North (of the Watford Gap) and he's just had an Intergas 28 Kw (with only 4 moving parts - he's very proud of that) fitted. he says it comes with a 5 year warranty as long as its installed by an Intergas registered installer.

i offer a five year warranty on wb its seven years on some of the range. your best bet is find the name of your local wb rep and talk to him, i think its either 15 or 20 a year to get on the bronze scheme

my brother lives up North (of the Watford Gap) and he's just had an Intergas 28 Kw (with only 4 moving parts - he's very proud of that) fitted. he says it comes with a 5 year warranty as long as its installed by an Intergas registered installer.

To become an Intergas registered installer is not as it appears.
A lot of sales literature quote the fact that they offer the 5 year warrantee if the installer has attended their training course but there are other conditions that have to met by the installer not just attending their training course.

All else aside, if you want to fit worcester, they have extended their warranty to 5 years as standard on greenstar range, they were to finish last month but kept it goin, maybe not a long term solution tho

worcester bosch seem to find an un necessarly difficult soluton to simple problemst
the hidden prv with the strange slide and clip connector
the angled case screws through a delicate plastic block
no clerance on some of the flues screws
and im still sceptical on all ali heat exchangers

worcester bosch seem to find an un necessarly difficult soluton to simple problemst
the hidden prv with the strange slide and clip connector
the angled case screws through a delicate plastic block
no clerance on some of the flues screws
and im still sceptical on all ali heat exchangers

Good points.
Also plastic jig is rubbish and doesn't line up well.
You also have to partly build the boiler.
Wb are not that good really.

As long as I can get mark one duotec potterton gold I will continue fitting them

I've recently switched to viessman from valiant, really easy to fit, good rep and slightly cheaper aswell!

I try and push Vaillants onto my customers. Never have problems with them, but been putting Intergas on last few quotes but as yet no takers on them.

The Intergas boilers look awesome, I would like to try one out too somewhere, but haven't had the chance yet.

Anyone know if the Vaillant extended guarantee offer has been extended?

I do fit boilers, that have the 5 year warranties.
But in all honesty why do I want to line the manufacturers pockets.
Example: boiler with 2 yr warranty, years 1 and 2 covered by warranty. Years 3,4,and 5 I take over all repairs etc.
It is a no brainer to me.
I now only fit boilers with 5 year warranties if the customer specifically asks for it, ie that is what another quoter is offering.
That was until the warranty wars of late 2011. Damn you WB and Vaillant

i dont se how people can say wb are crap i fit loads and get very few problems. admittedly they have there niggles like there stupid plastic bracket. but for me anyway they do the job well. will start to give other boilers a try though as they are starting to get expensive and lose me a few jobs. the main thing that draws me back to the mis that if they do go wrong under warranty there service is brilliant.

Alpha are offering a 5year parts and labour warranty plus an extended 10 year parts if youuse the mounting plate. I think the mountain plates have like a built in magnaclean type device too!. what im not sure of is whether it only on their system boilers haven't really checked it out properly.

Moved over from Worcester about 18 months ago to Viessmann & found them easier to fit, flues a doddle & a very easy plug in timer....plus a £50 rebate on each one i fit (merchants incentive)...Just felt WB were sitting on thier laurels a bit..

Moved over from Worcester about 18 months ago to Viessmann & found them easier to fit, flues a doddle & a very easy plug in timer....plus a £50 rebate on each one i fit (merchants incentive)...Just felt WB were sitting on thier laurels a bit..

Everything you have said there Clarky is true of vaillant boilers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your replies guys,one selling point...
Replies
Views
Back